Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2009 3:59:01 AM EDT
The title pretty much sums it up, but is the MIAD that much better than the MOE?  I'm looking to upgrade my A2 grip and would like to save some cash for a battery holder insert.  My fingers are long and skinny with an average size palm.  Would my hand be that better off with the larger MIAD grip inserts or would the MOE be ok?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The MOE grip isn't adaptable like the MIAD.
You can piece trogether a MIAD that will pretty much fit your hand exactly.
I lucked out, have large hands, and find the MOE fits my hand exactly for me to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have long fingers and the MOE was just too skinny for me. The standard A2 grip filled my hand better. I had to go with the MIAD with largest backstrap to fit me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was lucky and have a friend who has the miad, so i played with it and the moe configuration worked well so i just went with that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I find the MOE fits the average size hand very good, its set up the same way I see 85% of MIAD users configure their grip.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My MIAD was set up like the MOE.

Made sense for me to save some cash by going with the MOE.

As always YMMV
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The backstrap inserts on the MIAD's grip offer a superior slip resistant grip IMHO .
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's just me, but the plugs in the base of my MOE grips have all been loose and rattled while the plugs in my MIAD grips are all nice and snug.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but the plugs in the base of my MOE grips have all been loose and rattled while the plugs in my MIAD grips are all nice and snug.

I was leaning towards the MOE from the replies but I don't want a loose insert.  Anyone experience Hop's problem?  I would be using a battery insert if it matters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The cap that comes on the MOE grip is just that, a cap.
The MIAD inserts fit just as tight in the MOE as they do in the MIAD.
At least the two MIAD bases I own do in the 1/2 dozen MOE grips I own.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#10]
i have small hands and i use the MIAD with the largest backstrap and the frontstrap with integrated trigger guard
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The title pretty much sums it up, but is the MIAD that much better than the MOE?  I'm looking to upgrade my A2 grip and would like to save some cash for a battery holder insert.  My fingers are long and skinny with an average size palm.  Would my hand be that better off with the larger MIAD grip inserts or would the MOE be ok?

Thanks!

I have both MIAD (on my two carbines) and a MOE grips, with my large glove size hand I use the MIAD medium backstrap which is close with the size of the MOE.

My MIAD battery holder core fits fine on my MOE grip, my MOE cap is a little loose but have not fallen out yet.

I prefer my MIAD better because I could change the backstrap to the small size when I wear my gloves, also better for guys that like the finger groove front strap, the MIAD full kit also have the front strap with the integrated trigger guard for people that don't want to buy a separate aluminum enhanced or MOE synthetic trigger guard.

The MOE grip is also good (better than my A2 grip) if you have average size hands and won't be needing to change the front and rear straps.

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for everyones input.  I think I will try the MOE and if it fit is off I will eventually order a MIAD and put the MOE on my lesser used AR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I prefer the MOE, it fits perfect in my hands, and it's less parts to depend on in the heat of it.  I had a MIAD and only used one size, turns out that size was the size of the MOE.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
How is the integrated trigger guard. Any reason to/ not to use it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Miad has more options, and in my instance, fit the rifle better
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top