Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2009 9:50:36 AM EDT
Two questions,

First, what is everyone's favorite 2 point sling?  I think I'm going to go this route over the odd/expensive 3 point and 1 point.

Next, I'm browsing Bravo Company's website and I see 2 different Vicker's 2 point sling styles, normal and "AA" model.  What's the difference?

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Gear Sector GS-2P.

It can convert to 1 pt as well.

I had a Vicker's and like this one much better. The Vicker's seemed "too adjustable" and was bulkier than the GS.

The customer service I received from Jason was top notch. I ordered the sling and a Daniel Defense mount that turned out wasn't in stock (which was discovered after I placed the order on the telephone). Jason wasn't able to get a hold of me and went ahead and had the mount shipped directly to me from his distributor. You can't beat service like that. A little searching will yield many many threads about GS and their products. All my ARs will have GS slings on them in the future.

I used both slings on my duty AR (cop) and the GS just works better for me. If you can't decide, buy both, try them and then sell the one you don't like. You'll get out of it almost what you paid.

I was looking at BCM's site and didn't see different versions, only colors. The only thing I can think of being different are the slings ends for the mounts that will come with the sling or one being padded and other not being padded.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had several different slings and I find that the Vickers Blus Force serves my needs the best.  The differences can be found in the adjustment pieces (I think).  I don't use quick disconnects so I use the standard and I just ordered 2 padded ones to try them out.

Stay away from 3-point slings as they are too complicated IMHO.  I tried a 1-point sling but it slung my weapon center of my body and the weapon had an impact with "the boys".  I didn't like it after that.

Give them a call, they are super nice to talk to and if you have a .mil email they give you a discount.  877-430-2583
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Vickers QD Pushbutton Padded AA Sling.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Vickers best.  One adjuster for letting out and pulling in (as opposed to viking), and when it is sinched up there isn't a tag end hanging down to get snagged on anything (as opposed to the G2).
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Another question, how secure are the quick detatch bits for slings?  Any particular reason (other than the obvious...quick detaching) to get QD attachments?

I'm leaning towards a padded Vickers AA sling.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another question, how secure are the quick detatch bits for slings?  Any particular reason (other than the obvious...quick detaching) to get QD attachments?

I'm leaning towards a padded Vickers AA sling.

The QD buttons are very strong.  As far as the why, I have a CTR stock and use the integrated QD and a Daniel defense mount on the rail.  Easy on easy off.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like the Vickers best.  One adjuster for letting out and pulling in (as opposed to viking), and when it is sinched up there isn't a tag end hanging down to get snagged on anything (as opposed to the G2).

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
LaRue's padded 2 point sling is my personal fave.

I own 2 at the moment link
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer different two point slings for different uses, here are the four different slings that I use.

Vickers padded original model with metal buckles, I just prefer the metal buckles model but the synthetic material are also fine which some prefer, I like to use this sling mainly for carbine classes, and combat shooting.

Viking Tactics-LaRue padded with built-in QD sling swivels, my favorite if I want to have my hands free so I could work with my hands, it stays very snug to the body while walking, running, climbing, etc.

Gear Sector GS-2P I like to use it on my lightweight carbine for home defense and vehicles, it could be converted to a one point sling if you have the optional HK hooks and HK hook receiver end plate sling mount.

IDF sling when I prefer to use a simple sling on my A2 clone rifle, my IMI Galil and IMI Uzi carbines.

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I prefer different two point slings for different uses, here are the four different slings that I use.

Vickers padded original model with metal buckles, I just prefer the metal buckles model but the synthetic material are also fine which some prefer, I like to use this sling mainly for carbine classes, and combat shooting.

Viking Tactics-LaRue padded with built-in QD sling swivels, my favorite if I want to have my hands free so I could work with my hands, it stays very snug to the body while walking, running, climbing, etc.

Gear Sector GS-2P I like to use it on my lightweight carbine for home defense and vehicles, it could be converted to a one point sling if you have the optional HK hooks and HK hook receiver end plate sling mount.

IDF sling when I prefer to use a simple sling on my A2 clone rifle, my IMI Galil and IMI Uzi carbines.

Can you not pull the Vickers sling up in tight to your body like the VTAC?

No, my rifle doesn't have the QD sling points.  I'm thinking of getting a VLTOR modstock but up front I don't think I'll get a rail.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, my rifle doesn't have the QD sling points.  I'm thinking of getting a VLTOR modstock but up front I don't think I'll get a rail.

The vickers will cling tightly.  I have one on another rifle that is QD on a CTR and buckled to the standard front sling mount.  Sits perfectly even though the front mount is under the barrel.

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Vickers VCAS sling could be adjusted snug to the body but not as tight as the Viking VTAC sling because the Viking you actually pull on the end of the sling webbing, the Viking will have the webbing end dangling around unlike the Vickers that don't have the strap ends loose.

If you want the Vickers to be tight to your body they have a medic variant which have an additional second adjustment strap.

Vickers VCAS Medic Variant - Blackstone Tactical site link

Up front you could install a M4 carbine side sling swivel on the barrel under the FSB or maybe get a Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop (UWL) adapter, see links below.

M4 carbine military side sling adapter (also Colt, Stag, RRA, etc. brands available on other sites) - See 8th item from the top of PK Firearms webpage - link

Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop (UWL) Adapter - review thread link

ETA: Ooops BT beat me to the Vickers Medic Variant sling info (I type too slow).

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I watched a demo video on youtube yesterday about the VTAC sling and liked how tight it can be pulled to your body.  I'm not really concerned with slinging it on my back, if the Vickers can get even remotely close I'd be happy.  It doesn't have to be completely immobilized, just tight enough that I can sinch it to my check and use (maybe) both hands if need be.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like I've found a winner.

Gonna hold off on buying it ATM, still trying to think of how I'm going to explain the Aimpoint I bought yesterday to my wife.  When it's time I'll head your way though, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#19]
My padded Vickers wont get even close to the tightness of a VTAC/Larue.  If you want a tight cinch with no dangle you dont want a padded VCAS.  The Medic variant would give you the ability to be tight... it just cant be combined with padding because it is where the padding needs to be.

I also dont understand the comment on the Vickers being "too adjustable" as I find the range of adjustment to be on the slim side.  Id like it to be able to be adjusted tighter.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Check out viking quick-adjust. Almost the universal choice in my unit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Vickers VCAS sling could be adjusted snug to the body but not as tight as the Viking VTAC sling because the Viking you actually pull on the end of the sling webbing, the Viking will have the webbing end dangling around unlike the Vickers that don't have the strap ends loose.

If you want the Vickers to be tight to your body they have a medic variant which have an additional second adjustment strap.

Vickers VCAS Medic Variant - Blackstone Tactical site link

Up front you could install a M4 carbine side sling swivel on the barrel under the FSB or maybe get a Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop (UWL) adapter, see links below.

M4 carbine military side sling adapter (also Colt, Stag, RRA, etc. brands available on other sites) - See 8th item from the top of PK Firearms webpage - link

Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop (UWL) Adapter - review thread link

ETA: Ooops BT beat me to the Vickers Medic Variant sling info (I type too slow).

The new VTAC sling has a capture for the free running end.  I have an old one on my duty rifle, and the free running/hanging end DOES NOT get in the way at all.  The new one I have on both my M4gerys at home and my service M4 have the capture, and it works great.  It is a velcro tab that is sewn to the end, and wraps around the sling.  You can release the capture very quickly with a short sharp jerk for extreme adjustments.  I used to build my own slings, and this one is superb.  Both of my jobs I carry an M4, and I use this sling daily.  

Did a T&E for the Blue Force Gear sling at work and hated it.  Too bulky, IMHO, and the adjustment was slow and imprecise.

VTAC all the way.  Plus, I have dealt with VTAC personally, and will testify they have customer service. WITHOUT PEER.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
LaRue padded 2 point FTMFW.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The new VTAC sling has a capture for the free running end.  I have an old one on my duty rifle, and the free running/hanging end DOES NOT get in the way at all.  The new one I have on both my M4gerys at home and my service M4 have the capture, and it works great.  It is a velcro tab that is sewn to the end, and wraps around the sling.  You can release the capture very quickly with a short sharp jerk for extreme adjustments.

The velcro keeper tab are now shown in the Viking Tactics Sling Instructional video and for guys that hate the dangling end it would be a new feature that they would like.

The loose end of my Viking-LaRue sling doesn't bother me, I got a lot of strap ends from my gear like chest rig, backpack and buttpack which doesn't bother me.

I've got the LaRue version of the Viking Tactics padded sling which have built-in QD sling swivels which I prefer, but I don't see that the new velcro keeper tab had been added yet, maybe they'll have it later on.

Like I said on my original post I also like the Viking sling design when I need to have my carbine snug to my body so I could use my hands, but for actual combat shooting like in carbine classes and training I prefer the Vickers which I'm faster with, to each their own, everyone have their own preference.

Viking Tactics VTAC Sling Instruction Video - link

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I like my Urban ERT. Can be converted into a 1 point very easily. I'm always surprised that more people don't use 'em.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I am even more amazed that more people don't use the Boonie Packer slings more. I have 2 and will be getting a third for my next build. The price and the quality of the components are the best! I can cinch mine up so tight to me that it wont budge. The wide 1 1/4" wide straping is all day comfortable, all for less then 1/2 the price of your Vickers and Blue Force Gear copies. I used the money saved to get some more mags!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am even more amazed that more people don't use the Boonie Packer slings more. I have 2 and will be getting a third for my next build. The price and the quality of the components are the best! I can cinch mine up so tight to me that it wont budge. The wide 1 1/4" wide straping is all day comfortable, all for less then 1/2 the price of your Vickers and Blue Force Gear copies. I used the money saved to get some more mags!

+1

Boonie Packer Slings are the sh*t!!! The best sling you can buy IMO. The prices on the website include shipping too.

http://www.redi-mag.com/Shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

All my A2's have one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#27]
deleted
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new VTAC sling has a capture for the free running end.  I have an old one on my duty rifle, and the free running/hanging end DOES NOT get in the way at all.  The new one I have on both my M4gerys at home and my service M4 have the capture, and it works great.  It is a velcro tab that is sewn to the end, and wraps around the sling.  You can release the capture very quickly with a short sharp jerk for extreme adjustments.

The velcro keeper tab are now shown in the Viking Tactics Sling Instructional video and for guys that hate the dangling end it would be a new feature that they would like.

The loose end of my Viking-LaRue sling doesn't bother me, I got a lot of strap ends from my gear like chest rig, backpack and buttpack which doesn't bother me.

I've got the LaRue version of the Viking Tactics padded sling which have built-in QD sling swivels which I prefer, but I don't see that the new velcro keeper tab had been added yet, maybe they'll have it later on.

Like I said on my original post I also like the Viking sling design when I need to have my carbine snug to my body so I could use my hands, but for actual combat shooting like in carbine classes and training I prefer the Vickers which I'm faster with, to each their own, everyone have their own preference.

Viking Tactics VTAC Sling Instruction Video - link

What kind of belt and gear is he wearing in the video? I like the pouches and accessories he has on, looks very accessible.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top