Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:34:50 AM EDT
anyone know the rail cover of choice for US Army and USMC?  how many (and of what size) do I need to cover all the rails on a rifle-length quadrail?  I saw some okay looking ones (cactus tactical?) but they have a silly-looking logo stamped on them.  

I want to be sleek and clean until I start accumulating crap to hang on my barrel.  

thanks all
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
KAC
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Knights. Although the soldiers do get some other brands sent to them from home.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Knights.  They come in the box with the rail.  Lots do not use any......you know the rifle does not belong to them and it does not matter if the rail gets banged up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
KAC is "standard" military issue. They most definitely look the best and there's good prices on the EE. Look at ladder covers from Falcon Industries (they make the Ergo grip) if you want the minimalist look.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm new to KAC (huh.huhuhuh) and I don't understand the difference between:

Knights RAS 11 Rib Panel 6.15"
Knights RAS 6 Rib Panel 3.90"

And the other iterations. Am I understand that they're wider or longer or is it describing something else? I need them for my RRA carbines w/ DD 7.0 on them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm new to KAC (huh.huhuhuh) and I don't understand the difference between:

Knights RAS 11 Rib Panel 6.15"
Knights RAS 6 Rib Panel 3.90"

And the other iterations. Am I understand that they're wider or longer or is it describing something else? I need them for my RRA carbines w/ DD 7.0 on them.

There are different lenghts- 2,4,5,6,9,11 panel lengths. THink of each slot on a rail as a panel length. KACs are my fav, but the new 2-piece Magpuls are excellent also. The corners are kind of pointy though. As far as ladders the Surefires are cheaper and I prefer the design (bumpy ridge things).
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have one last question then I'm off to order. Do these come in packs are am I actually paying ~20 for one 2,4,6... panel? For example:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/KMC-97168.html
http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?productID=239

They say panel(s) but it doesn't say how many. Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question but I'd like to know before I spend/overspend.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have one last question then I'm off to order. Do these come in packs are am I actually paying ~20 for one 2,4,6... panel? For example:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/KMC-97168.html
http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?productID=239

They say panel(s) but it doesn't say how many. Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question but I'd like to know before I spend/overspend.

Regular retail the price is the same pretty much regardless of the length. EE is a great place for finding package deals.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
No I meant am I buying just one panel for $20 or is there more than one, and what is EE?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No I meant am I buying just one panel for $20 or is there more than one, and what is EE?

Yes regardless of length they cost around that much retail  (for each one).

ETA:
Equipment Exchange- look under accessories.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top