Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2007 8:39:30 AM EDT
be able to go from shooting to throwing/putting your gun to your back quickly without having to take the gun off? would it be a single point?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
In general you dont put the weapon on your back because its not easily retrievable.  With a single point, when you transition to another weapon, you either allow your carbine to hang from the sling at your centerline or stow it in a weapons catch somewhere on your gear, either strong side or weak side depending on where you have your sidearm.  Check out the Dieter CQD weapon catch series.  www.cqd.net/71CQDWC.php
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The closest thing to your description would be a 2-pt. sling.  A single will just let the weapon hang down the front.  A triple will keep it in front, but more supported.  Personally, I think the double is the most versatile.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all, very helpful! I was kinda looking at a 2 point that can also be used as a one point too. what is yalls opinion on the bungee style?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the Vickers 2 pont adjustable. I'ts a better set up than the Viking in my opinion. The Viking Tac leaves a long "tail" on it when tightened down.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top