Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:44:28 PM EDT
Am I correct to ASSume that if a Tangodown PR-4 mount is used, the stock will not lock into the first position? I don't see that it would matter what kind of stock is used, but I don't have any hands on with it.

So do you you loose the fully closed position with the PR-4?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You lose the "fully closed-but not locked" position, but the first locking position is saved. I think. I'll check later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I forgot to check last night, but did at lunch today, and you actually do lose the first position.  For a "quick attach" solution, this is fine with me, but I would prefer to have the much more permanent (and more difficult to install) Knights Armament 24103, which is slimmer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It will not lock on the first or completely closed position.

It makes no difference to me since I'm taller and don't run it closed anyway. I run a VTAC with the swivel in the rear position and can't think of a better setup. I do wish the PR4 was a little smaller, since I don't use the side holes, but for those that do I don't think you could get it any smaller.

I did a review on this thing when it came out. The review is gone but I still have the pics.

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/tdpr4

Pics of a Colt, Vltor, and Crane stock. Then pics of my old carbine with the PR4 and a Vltor installed.

thanks for the link. The tango down looks great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a simular sling attachment point that still allows full closure of the stock then KAC has one
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top