Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 1:39:55 PM EDT
I don't believe this has gotten much fanfare.  Last year Daniel Defense introduced this:

Rear reciever QD swivel mount

Some, including myself thought they goofed on this product as they had it machined with the rotational limiters in just like their rail mounts.  Some didn't think this was needed as the reciever extension tube limited rotation.  DD listened and made their next run without the limiters in it, much better.

There was still a problem for some.  The length of the plate made the use of a LMT reciever extension almost manditory.  Also, for those that need to be able to close the stock all the way to the first notch, the DD plate was again too thick.

Our buddy Eric, aka the Ricker, who now works full time for DD brought a couple of the newest version to check out.

The newest version is on the left and as you can see they trimmed out the castle nut area so it works with all reciever extension tubes and you can lock your stocks down on the first notch.

Good work DD and thank you Eric.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The newest version is on the right

I am pretty sure you mean on the left

you can lock your stocks down on the first notch

It should be pointed out that you can only lock on the first notch with the qd swivel removed, not while installed in the aft of the mount.

Boy, I thought I got that edited before anyone could see it.  You are fast on the keys there Jason.  I no more than got it mounted before going to dinner, hadn't taken the time to put the sling back on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
So can we get some pics of it mounted, perhaps with a LMT SOPMOD stock?

That seems to be exactly what I've been looking for lately.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So can we get some pics of it mounted, perhaps with a LMT SOPMOD stock?

That seems to be exactly what I've been looking for lately.
If you ask nicely I might just go take one or two
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered this from NVBGear along with the rail mount from DD.  I have a Vltor Carbine Stock and the stock will lock on the #1 point with NO swivel in the rear plate mount.  If the swivel is in the mount you must lock the stock on #2.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Here it is with the SOPMOD stock with a sling attached.  It does lock down on the first notch with a swivel attached.  Sorry to to disagree with you Jason but at least your sling is in the picture

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sorry to to disagree with you Jason but at least your sling is in the picture

No worries. It may close with a SOPMOD, but as you can see in my photos above, it won't with a CTR.

SOPMOD FTW!

Thanks for the pics, now I guess I'm obligated to buy one...wait a sec...why isn't it on your website yet?  ETA?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to to disagree with you Jason but at least your sling is in the picture

No worries. It may close with a SOPMOD, but as you can see in my photos above, it won't with a CTR.

SOPMOD FTW!

Thanks for the pics, now I guess I'm obligated to buy one...wait a sec...why isn't it on your website yet?  ETA?
If you order one of these from Adco Firearms you will get this new style, that is what is in stock.  These pictures aren't even listed on DD's website yet either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Had it not been for arfcom, I would almost think that there was something wrong with spending almost $100 on mounting gear for a $60 sling.

What a great disease!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here it is with the SOPMOD stock with a sling attached.  It does lock down on the first notch with a swivel attached.  Sorry to to disagree with you Jason but at least your sling is in the picture

img402.imageshack.us/img402/5588/ddrearqd004pv7.jpg

That looks really sharp!!!  Does it not get in the way on the grip though?  

I am wanting a sling for my AR with SOPMOD and like the way this looks, but don't want the sling to be in the way.

I am trying to decide if I want the sling to attach before the SOPMOD, like with the DD mount, or attach it to the SOPMOD.  Which is better?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am wanting a sling for my AR with SOPMOD and like the way this looks, but don't want the sling to be in the way.

I am trying to decide if I want the sling to attach before the SOPMOD, like with the DD mount, or attach it to the SOPMOD.  Which is better?

Just as a person who's never even owned anything more than the stock POS nylon sling (that I never used), I'm thinking that I'd much rather have a sling attached to that point on the tube instead of the stock so that you don't need to change the length of the sling if you change the length of the stock.

It's one of those little things that I'm sure would never be an issue but my OCD/BRD dictates I MUST do...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just as a person who's never even owned anything more than the stock POS nylon sling (that I never used), I'm thinking that I'd much rather have a sling attached to that point on the tube instead of the stock so that you don't need to change the length of the sling if you change the length of the stock.

It's one of those little things that I'm sure would never be an issue but my OCD/BRD dictates I MUST do...

Ohhh.....I never thought of that....good point!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
No, it does not get in the way of the grip at all.  I personally like the sling mounted back on the stock.  For me, maybe nobody else, the sling gets up and over the battery tubes on the SOPMOD stock and rubs uncomfortably on my neck when mounted at the reciever end.  With the Vicker's sling you have plenty of on the fly adjustment to be able to change the length of the stock without any issues.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Remeber to Stake the DD Plate to the Castle nut.

Tack
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top