Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:26:03 PM EDT
I'm debating between the 2.

I like the padding on the LaRue' but some say that the adjustment strap tail gets too long as you tighten it and might hang up on the kit.

The Vickers (Blue Force Gear) adjustment strap stays a constant 8-10 inches. However, the Vickers doesntt have padding and I'm tired of getting chaed in 100 degree heat. It's rumored that the Vicker sling will have padding but i don;t know when.

What do you guys prefer...and WHY?

Thanks!

Tack
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is the "both" choice?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you on that wording, Mark.  

To help clarify, I started to post a poll like this:

Which combat sling do you prefer?
* Vickers Combat Applications Sling
* BFG VCAS
* Both

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]

I've got both BFG Vickers and Viking Tactics-LaRue two point slings and I like them both for different use.

I prefer to use my Vickers sling on my lighter carbine and my LaRue on my heavier carbine because of the more comfortable padding.

I'll also be waiting and will try the soon to be released Vickers with the new padding when they come out.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top