Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:52:27 PM EDT
Can anyone describe how to mount an Israeli style sling to the fixed stock of an AR?  

The front of the sling simply ties off at the front sight, so no problem there, but the other end of the sling needs to attach to the fixed stock so that the rifle will hang properly.

Check out this pic:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8572/23wm4.jpg

The sling attaches to the fixed stock in such a way that the sling attachment point is at the top rather than at the bottom of the stock.

Is this a separate cord from the one that is clipped to the front of the sling?  It looks like a bigger diameter cord, but maybe not.

They are using some type of cord here, but I cannot tell how they have it attached so that it will not slip off the back of the stock.

Any insight here?  Maybe better pics?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It's just a big loop of para cord, run thru the lower sling swivel to keep it in place, with a secnd small para cord loop thru  the top of the big loop, thru to the sling keeper.

Really no big deal.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]

I use two main loops, the one in front prevents the rear loop from coming off the rear of the buttstock

Some guys either double or in my case I use a triple setup on my front loop so I could use it for a spare.

Here's a link on "How-To Make a Top Sling Loop" with detailed step by step instructions and pics:

The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site - How to Projects link
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Alpha-Romeo3:

Thanks man!

You rock!

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top