Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:18:55 PM EDT
I want to get a Harris Bipod for the M4gery I'm building and I'm wondering what length bi-pod I should get. I want something good for firing in a prone position along with doing bench work shooting.
Is 9" - 13" around the standard?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I am also looking to add a bipod to my AR. What is the best height or length of the legs?

Does anyone have any specific recommendations or ones to stay away from?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the bipod stablizes the gun when deployed with 30 round mags.

I'd be funny to have a short bipod....
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Make sure the bipod stablizes the gun when deployed with 30 round mags.

I'd be funny to have a short bipod....

Um yeah, the same exact thing came to mind.

How am I supposed to figure that out without wasting money but buying a useless bipod that's too short?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#5]
9 inch PMI picatinny works great...

Picatinny Bipod

fred
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I am using this exact setup Bipod link.  It is the shortest Harris bipod and it works just fine even when using 30 rounders with Magpul Ranger plates.  I use it off the bench and on the ground.  This is probably the one piece of gear that I'd recommend the ARMS over the Larue (or any other) mount.  The ARMS adapter is a good piece of gear.  I have also tried the TD bipod.  I anxiously awaited getting one.  For a professional door kicker or anyone else who willingly goes into harms way and might need a bipod these are going to be hard to beat.  For those of us who use a bipod to help us make nice little groups on paper or shoot at anything that doesn't shoot back the Harris is a very stable platform.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top