Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2007 1:11:08 PM EDT
Help me out guys...

I'm planning my next build and want to get a Magpul CTR for my stock.

I have seen in some photos a sling attachment "spacer" on the buffer tube between the stock and the receiver end plate. I like the way it fills in the "gap" between the receiver and the stock when fully collapsed.

I guess this covers or acts as your castle nut...

Who makes this part and where can I find them...

Many thanks....
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
why would you want to do that?  Is there an advantage?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
why would you want to do that?  Is there an advantage?

One it's a single point sling attachment, I prefer single points slings.

Two it's for the looks...

I think LMT makes one...their Carbine SP mount but don't know what they look like mounted.

Anyone got any pics of one installed...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
like this?

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You got it....

Who makes it and for how much?

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a Knights Armament carbine receiver sling adapter, I got all 4 of mine from Wes of MSTN

Or operationparts

About $75
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the MI version as well as the one made by Tangodown.  The MI adapter MAY allow the stock to fully close, some will, mine won't.  The Tangodown adapter definitely will not, but I got it for an AR10 whose buffer tube is longer, and the stock wouldn't fully close anyway

TD

MI's adapter uses the dimple of the carbine receiver end plate to index, it anchors there to prevent itself from rotating.  I've fround some of my carbine end plates are flush and do not have the indentation.

Got to have this:

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
MI industries makes a very nice unit and is easier to instal then the KAC unit (No disassembly) and 1/2 the price as Stickman mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Many thanks gentlemen...this is exactly what I needed to know!

Looks like I will be going with the MI version as I hate to take the buffer off once I have installed it or remove a factory installed one.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top