Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2007 4:00:43 PM EDT

I believe it is widely accepted that the i-SHOT S.E.R.T. discreet case is the best soft case around.  Is it reasonable to say that Galati makes the 2nd best discreet soft case around?

I really like Eagle stuff but I don't like the design of their discreet cases...besides that I have seen posts here that report the Galati is better padded than the Eagle.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
[flame suit ] I see no reason why a soft guitar case is not just as good.  Shy of using that case as a shooting mat/drag bag I find discreet to be much better, and CHEAPER[flame suit]

Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at Blackhawk.

They are quality.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 Yep!  I have the Blackhawk Discreet bag.  Very nice!
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Sorry, I should have mentioned I need a 42" for my 20" AR10.  BHI only goes to 40".

As for the guitar case...I keep a few mags, bipod, light, batteries, rangefinder, etc. in the case as well so the discreet cases with the front pocket work good to hold my other "stuff".

Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Tailor Discreet Case

Up to 45", large outside pocket, various colors, made in America (unlike that over priced, overrated, wannabe Airsoft, BHI crap), durable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to get a guitar case for my daily carry rifle!

There isn't really much that is "covert" about most major manufacturer's cases.  Maybe if they were pink with a rainbow tie-die pattern........
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
<---Puts on bullet and flame proof suit

I have a UTG soft discreet case i am very happy with

Under The Gun
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am going to get a guitar case for my daily carry rifle!

There isn't really much that is "covert" about most major manufacturer's cases.  Maybe if they were pink with a rainbow tie-die pattern........

My main concern is not with the "discreet" nature of teh case.  I am concerned with the quality and protection offered by the case.  I would really like an i-SHOT but have a hard time thinking I could get a Pelican for basically the same price as a soft case.

THe fact that I need a 42" complicates things even further since a lot of offerings only go to 40".
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a tennis bag instead. Broken down, my AR upper and lower fit perfectly in the compartments. There's even a tiny mesh net on one side that a 20 round mag fits in.

Link Posted: 1/11/2007 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
The maxpedition sliver is a very good one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I have switched from Blackhawk to TACFORCE. Nice bags for the money.
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
FWIW....I put my TCC complete into a Storm case when travelling by air. Otherwise the TCC is a much more convenient way of moving a carbine/rifle around. Hard cases are really a PITA to handle.

Simon
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get a tennis bag instead. Broken down, my AR upper and lower fit perfectly in the compartments. There's even a tiny mesh net on one side that a 20 round mag fits in.

I've thought of doing this.  An M4 with the stock collapsed will fit in a tennis racket bag.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Im in the process of adding some padding to a baseball equipment/bat bag.  Very discrete and lots of room.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1 have 3 Tac Force cases.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1 on the TAC Force. Nice case, less money.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
who has the cheapest prices on the TAC FORCE ?
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Don't know for sure. I got mine at www.bowerstactical.com/
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know for sure. I got mine at www.bowerstactical.com/

I got mt Tac force from bowser also. I love the bag, very nice for the money!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The Tac-Force Discreet case is an exact copy of the BlackHawk Discreet case.

Same features, lower price.

My BlackHawk Discreet Case is nice, but a Pelican is in the works.

A $1K plus AR15 rifle/carbine deserves a Pelican case!
Small price to protect a worthy investment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
who carries the woodland digital TAC FORCE cases ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2007 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#22]
No mention of Bagmaster soft cases?  I'm kind of partial to them, and that's why I carry the Heavy Weapons Cases.  I like 'em.

StraightShot Shooting

Take a kid shooting,

straightShot
Link Posted: 1/20/2007 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Tac Force is the way to go. $62 shipped.... sorry i cant see spending $150+ for a pelican unless i am planning on flying it somewhere....  then again i have plenty of friends i can borrow a hard side from if i need it... you just have to consider your needs and buy acccordingly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2007 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a Tac force case this afternoon.  Very nice, and about $20 less than the Tactical Tailor I previously recommended.
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Another great idea is a toolbox.  A few years ago everyone was selling those long plastic tool boxes, about 30".  Those would hold an AR broken down.  Its hard to find them anymore.
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#26]
just got 2 Maxpedition Woodland discreet cases from Lapolicegear.com..they had a blowout sale...39 bux each...great deal !!..got 2 ..

I already had one I bought 2 years ago and  I really like it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2007 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Can any of you with the tac force cases post some pictures of it?  I see the one thread on them but the pictures arnt all that clear though they do help.  I was considering buying the blackhawk to get a better case i thought but if they seem to be the same i may be interested in the tac force and spend the rest on ammo.  I am going to try to put two ar15's in the case so interior pictures would be really nice.  Also how does the material and build seem?  Does it seem durable and pretty nice?  

Thanks, Major
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't think you're gonna get 2 in there, really is a 1 rifle bag.  I'm going to try to use my friends camera and retake the pictures so they're clearer....had to use my webcam to take the pics.  I talked about build and quality in the thread I made about it.  CTD has them FYI.

But I've been using my little martin LXM guitar soft case to transport my rifle around.  talk about the ultimate in discrete.  No one has any idea that inside is a rifle.  I can even carry 6 loaded 30rd mags, targets, otis cleaning kit, boresnake, can of CLP, eye and ear protection in the bag or in the front pocket of the bag.  It's really a great way to transport the rifle...and because it's a travel guitar case, it's literally the perfect length for the 16" carbine

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Can any of you with the tac force cases post some pictures of it?  I see the one thread on them but the pictures arnt all that clear though they do help.  I was considering buying the blackhawk to get a better case i thought but if they seem to be the same i may be interested in the tac force and spend the rest on ammo.  I am going to try to put two ar15's in the case so interior pictures would be really nice.  Also how does the material and build seem?  Does it seem durable and pretty nice?  

Thanks, Major

Unless you put one of the rifles in the small front pocket, you won't be able to secure two rifles in the main compartment of a Tac Force.  THe webbing is spaced too closely together.

The i-Shot would be a good choice if you want both rifles in the main compartment.  Thye use rows of PALS webbing instead of two ALICE strips.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw where blackhawk has a 2 rifle caseso this is the one that I was thinking about buying.   www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=5334&d=

I may be better off just going with that but all in all i would like to switch over to discreet cases.  I like the idea that i can make Kits and just take my rifle out of the safe and have everything i would normally take with it all in one package ready to go.  Not to mention being a little less obvious to any thieves around that i have guns inside so please stop by once i leave.  

Either way id like to see more of the cases as im always up for a good buy especiially one that could be benificial.

Major  
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm having the same issue with shopping for a case.  I'd rather not buy one that's made in China (Tac Force, Mil Spec+ at CTD).  I'd prefer to buy an American made one, but don't really care for the Eagle or Tactical Tailor cases and am having a hard time swallowing the price of the TCC (I'm also not sure where it's made).  Can anyone comment on where the SERT TCC is made?  Does anyone have any experience with the Galati Discreet case (made in Korea)?  

I'd like it if I could put my 16" M4 stock AR and my 22" scoped bolt action (~42" long) in the same case, but it's not a requirement.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thanks, Major
There are great for the money, just as good a as a Blackhawk case maybe better. If you want two guns in a Tacforce  I thing U have to use one that has the shape of a traditional case. I have one of those too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'm having the same issue with shopping for a case.  I'd rather not buy one that's made in China (Tac Force, Mil Spec+ at CTD).  I'd prefer to buy an American made one, but don't really care for the Eagle or Tactical Tailor cases and am having a hard time swallowing the price of the TCC (I'm also not sure where it's made).  Can anyone comment on where the SERT TCC is made?  Does anyone have any experience with the Galati Discreet case (made in Korea)?  

I'd like it if I could put my 16" M4 stock AR and my 22" scoped bolt action (~42" long) in the same case, but it's not a requirement.

You're rifle won't care where it's case was made.....

Just an idea but I'm not sure if it would work, if you got the case for the bolt gun the carbine might fit in the front pocket of the tac force case.  that pocket is the hook and loop pocket, but it's the soft fuzzy stuff thats in that part not the stiff hooks.  So that might work if you want to carry both in the same case.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You're rifle won't care where it's case was made.....

It has nothing to do with the rifle, or the quality of the case for that matter, but that's not a discussion for this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion with the tac force, but if I go that route I'd prefer to be able to put both guns in the main compartment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
just got 2 Maxpedition Woodland discreet cases from Lapolicegear.com..they had a blowout sale...39 bux each...great deal !!..got 2 ..

I already had one I bought 2 years ago and  I really like it.

i16.tinypic.com/4brfjnn.jpg

i18.tinypic.com/33048sx.jpg

i14.tinypic.com/2zoc8bb.jpg

LOL nothing screams discreet like camo... lmao

CXS
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top