Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:40:53 AM EDT
I need to get a 2 point sling for a carbine.

I have a basic carry strap sling but want something that is quicker to adjust for different modes of carry.

I have been looking at the new Vickers sling and the Boonie Packer sling.

Any feedback on these or is there another one I should be looking at?

Mike
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:28:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The Vickers sling can take some getting used to, but it seems to be a very versatile piece of kit. For a simple two point I recommend the Wilderness.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been tinkering with sling designs for a while and found that I liked a 2-point sling mounted to the rear of the receiver on a single point mount and the other end mounted to the rear of my railed forend.  It also worked okay with the front end mounted to the front of the rail.  

Set up like that you don't really need anything fancy, just a Burnsed loop or HK-style clip plate on the rear & a swivel/mount for the front.  You could probably use your carry strap to make the sling, add a fastex buckle if you want a get out of it fast option.  

Lancelot has a good method for switching to weak side shooting with the sling set up rear of receiver to rear of railed forend.  Take your support side arm and bring it through the sling so it is now just around your neck & switch hands like you normally would with a single point.  No need to mess around with sliding tri-glides or releasing a buckle to get more room in the sling to transition to weak side shooting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the Viking tactics sling for a 3-day carbine class recently. The padded strap makes for less strain on the neck and shoulder. It's really easy to tigthen/loosen with a 550 loop for letting out.

I ran it with one end through the loop hole on my CTR and an improvised 550 sling point (Isareli style!) around the last notch of my ARMR rail.

Worked beautiful....transition to support side was easily accomplished either by letting out some slack or 'stepping out' of the loop. When in admin, the sling could be cinched tight to hold the weapon high and close to the body.

Yammy....Someone had their sling mounted to the back end of the receiver (like with a burnsed) and it didn't work to good as the gun would naturally want to twist up and rear. He ended up having to keep a hold of the gun in admin to avoid his muzzle from sweeping feet.

Simon
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top