User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 8:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jf22] [#1]
Much thanks mattjedi..

And yes, I know the stock doesn't match and I'm one of those guys who likes everything matching but there is some history on that particular stock.

BTW, for those into the NSW RECCE rifle, this is the new "standard" setup for a particular Team.  There are always a few items specific to a particular user but this is the "standard" (if there is such as thing) setup from suppressor to sling (although always a lot of individual preference on slings). The 2.5-10x24 NF would be more correct and I do have one of that model but I preferred to go with this scope.

Best,
Rob
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
No posts here for awhile, so...

Made this one for my AR last night after work.  It's my first attempt at making a sling (took about 2.5 episodes of NCIS to complete).  The 'paracord' is some flat coreless stuff I bought to make fishing weights with.  The buckles and strap are from a carry strap I had laying around.  It isn't a quick adjust but it should work for what I need.

Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

@tweeter

I really like how you set that sling up. It looks like you taken the ALICE shoulder strap, and a USGI silent sling and went that route. I am doing exact the same but I have a question. Did you cut off the ALICE shoulder strap quick release tab from your strap? Or did you kept it on there? I decided to cut mine off and just wondering if that is a good idea.

Otherwise, how long have you been using the sling and has it held up to use?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#4]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

@tweeter

I really like how you set that sling up. It looks like you taken the ALICE shoulder strap, and a USGI silent sling and went that route. I am doing exact the same but I have a question. Did you cut off the ALICE shoulder strap quick release tab from your strap? Or did you kept it on there? I decided to cut mine off and just wondering if that is a good idea.

Otherwise, how long have you been using the sling and has it held up to use?
View Quote

i cut off the quick release stuff

I've been using these slings professionally, recreationally, in competition, training, and combat since 1994-95-ish. hasn't failed me yet. I still use the first one I made, but at this point I simply don't know which one it is

i mean, I've used single point slings for little squirt guns and once I was given a padded two-point

but I typically wear body armor, so padding a sling doesn't really make sense

if you don't want to use plastic tri-glides just use the slides that come off the rucks straps, maybe grind the triangular end flat.  I ended up doing that after one got caught on the edge of an open car door

hope this helps

eta: oh yeah, almost forgot. if you need to be able to tell where the tension release on the sling is I used a piece of a zip-tie stuck inside some 550 cord. you can feel the difference, even with gloves on
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

i cut off the quick release stuff

I've been using these slings professionally, recreationally, in competition, training, and combat since 1994-95-ish. hasn't failed me yet. I still use the first one I made, but at this point I simply don't know which one it is

i mean, I've used single point slings for little squirt guns and once I was given a padded two-point

but I typically wear body armor, so padding a sling doesn't really make sense

if you don't want to use plastic tri-glides just use the slides that come off the rucks straps, maybe grind the triangular end flat.  I ended up doing that after one got caught on the edge of an open car door

hope this helps

eta: oh yeah, almost forgot. if you need to be able to tell where the tension release on the sling is I used a piece of a zip-tie stuck inside some 550 cord. you can feel the difference, even with gloves on
View Quote

Thanks for the reply! I feel a lot better using it now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:20:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS coyote 2 point sling with QD side release front buckle, Colt LE6920-EPR CK (Enhanced Patrol Rifle conversion kit upper half) with 16" M4 Gov't profile barrel, Centurion Arms M-LOK 13.5 inch rails, Scalarworks Peak/01 fixed front sight, Surefire Scout M600U weaponlight, Thorntail6 offset Scout M-LOK mount, LaRue Tactical - Magpul ladder - Magpul M-LOK and BCM M-LOK panel covers, Arisaka front hand stop, BCM KAG M-LOK rear hand stop, Troy folding rear sight and Geissele Airborne charging handle.

The lower half is an older Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" with Geissele G2S trigger, Norgon ambi mag catch, LMT ambi selector, B5 Systems coyote grip and B5 Bravo SOPMOD coyote buttstock.

My same lower half but with its original factory Colt M4 upper half with Knight's Armament M4 RAS rails, LaRue Tactical FUG vertical fore grip (short configuration shown), Magpul and LaRue Tactical rail covers, Knight's Armament 300M folding rear sight, same weaponlight and 2 point sling as the picture above.

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]

My new Colt CR6960 mid-length gas system 16" lightweight barrel, upgraded Centurion Arms ML1513 CMR handguard at left with BFG Vickers VCAS arid desert multicam 2 point sling.

At right is my same Colt LE6920-EPR upper half on older model Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" with BFG Vickers coyote 2 point sling.

Both carbines have Magpul M-LOK rail covers, B5 Systems grips, B5 Bravo SOPMOD stocks and Magpul gen 3 windows PMAG.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#10]
@Duffy

Can you tell me what the parts you used here are?
I have the shock cord but I can’t find the end clamps anywhere?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:30:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#11]
ITW Zipcord is the end piece, but it's not strictly necessary, it prevents the Cord Lock (the spring loaded piece) from completely backing out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TXHounDawg80] [#12]
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top