Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:45:09 PM EDT
Can KAC panels be cut and resized? I'm trying to figure out what sizes I need, and its driving me nuts. Can I just buy 4, 11 rib lenghts, and just cut them down myself....with say a dremmel?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.

All mine started out as 11-ribs.  They all cost the same anyway.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can; a good dremel cut, sand the edges smooth and you are good to go.

Personally, I'd go with Magpul XT Grips instead; they are easier to cut with a razor blade and they give you the extra grip, which is very nice.

They come in Black, OD< Tan and Coyote Brown; I've seen some people actually mixing the colors to make camouflaged grips and looks really good.

But that's just my .2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the KAC's because they lock on, I have heard that the Magpuls can come off, also magpuls seem too damn rubbery
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I cut mine with a hacksaw in a miter box and rounded the ends on a bench grinder.

Works great and they look as good as the factory ones.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, I was freaking out with all the damn possiblites, And I sure as hell didnt want to buy one of those 200 dollar kits. I guess 5 11 ribs will do, as I know I will have my flashlight mounted sometimes, and sometimes not!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, how much do one 11 rib panel weigh?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I cut mine with a hacksaw in a miter box and rounded the ends on a bench grinder.

Works great and they look as good as the factory ones.

Roger that.  Like Lumpy, all mine started as 11 panels.  The stubs can come in handy as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If you look at "Factory" KAC short panels you will see that it all they do. The plus being you can make them litterally whatever length you really want or need...

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
band saw and belt sander.  thats all i used on mine.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top