Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:48:22 PM EDT
Does anyone know where to get a cheap tactical vest?  With the ar15 mag pouches? Like maybe a mil surplus store?  I can't find one.  I live in AZ phoenix area.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the Leapers tac vests.  They are ~$50.  It does just fine for what I use it for.  It has 4 pouches that will hold 2 mags each, and come with 2 more that will go where the holster is if you want to take the holster off.

CTD Tac Vests
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Cruise over to the Armory...Tactical gear forum.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what I use:

Military surplus, holds 6 M16 mags, 2 grenades (wish I could find these...), and has attachment for a belt to carry canteens, a butt pack, pistol, more mag pouches, etc.

eBay Load Bearing Vest
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cruise over to the Armory...Tactical gear forum.

Or Lightfighter
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Or you can check out Centerfire Systems

They have a few vests in different colors.  Here is their digital Army:

$59.97.  

I've been VERY interested in one.  But, it's something I DON'T need.

Gear up with this deluxe vest. This universal design features velcro closures, drain holes, and elastic to hold mags tight. Also, this vest is adjustable in height and girth to fit. See below for more details.
A: Rifle Mag Pouches. 4 separate pouches hold 30rd AK or AR-15 mags. Velcro™ closures, pull tabs, drain holes, and elastic hold mags securely.
B: Pistol Mag Pouches. 3 separate, height adjustable pouches hold pistol mags and/or a small flashlight.
C: Compass Pouch.
D: Belt Loops. Hold vest secure with any belt.
E: Pistol Holster. Holds medium to large frame pistol securely. Velcro™ allows quick and easy removal or adjustment of holster. Also has a built in pouch for an additional spare mag.
F: Sniper Shoulder Pad. Non-slip design with extra padding.
G: Cell Phone/ PDA Pouch.
H: Large Velcro™ ID Panel.
I: Large Internal Zippered Map/Document Pouches. 2 mesh pockets create a perfect space to store maps and other documents.
J: Mesh Liner. Back made of durable mesh for easy breathing.
K: Accessory Strap System. Straps on back are compatible with MOLLE system, ALICE clips and perfect for field tools.
L: Water Bladder Pocket. Perfect for a Camel Pak™ .

Same Vest, different color:

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Wrong forum, but I bet the Eagle PHTV would be a good choice for 99.9% of the people out there.

Holds 8 AR magazines, 4 pistol magazines, and has molle webbing on the sides for your first aid/water/whatever pouch. I don't own one, but they have gotten nothing but rave reviews.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wrong forum, but I bet the Eagle PHTV would be a good choice for 99.9% of the people out there.

www.skdtac.com/images%5Cbig%5Cchest_rg_big1.jpg

Holds 8 AR magazines, 4 pistol magazines, and has molle webbing on the sides for your first aid/water/whatever pouch. I don't own one, but they have gotten nothing but rave reviews.

Didn't one of our Industry Partners get Eagle to custom make a setup like that?  Maybe it was even SKD...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top