Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:21:37 PM EDT
I have a Colt 20" fixed stock A2 with standard handguards and am looking at options for a tactical type sling. Any ideas and any pics would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty neat. Would it work on my M14 also? Is a single point as comfortable as a 3point sling? I am pretty much just looking for a general use sling that is quicker to get into action that the standard sling setup on my rifle. Thanks for the help.  Terry
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out http://eagleindustries.com/ look for the TAS-1 under slings. I have one that I like on my 20" fixed stock A2 type rifle. Like all Eagle's gear, it's rock solid. BSW
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite two point is the Blackhawk Tactical. However, like Stickman I prefer the ASP single point for most of my uses. I was using the ASP in patrol rifle class until I switched to a Magpul stock. My DD burnsed loop wouldn't work with the Magpul so I had to tie the ASP stub to the rear of the stock with a nylon strap from the Blackhawk sling to improvise until I can get a Magpul sling mount loop. I finally switched back to the Blackhawk for class when we went into transitioning to pistol and kneeling. With the ASP tied so far back on the stock the barrel wanted to hit the ground when I went kneeling to go to pistol. I realized it before I buried the muzzle in the mud so I just held the AR by the vert grip and shot pistol one handed for those drills. First break I slapped the Blackhawk back on and rock & rolled through the rest of the drills. The muzzle to ground clearance shouldn't be a problem with the sling mounted at the reciever as it was with the CAR stock and DD loop. Now if I can just get the dang Magpul loop in my hands...

Anyway, I love both the Blackhawk and the ASP. Nice pieces.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My DD burnsed loop wouldn't work with the Magpul so I had to tie the ASP stub to the rear of the stock with a nylon strap from the Blackhawk sling to improvise until I can get a Magpul sling mount loop.

img413.imageshack.us/img413/117/chlatchstick6cz.jpg

Wish I could get one in hand... I finally found one in stock and got it on the way from Bravo Company (First place I found that had one in stock) but still won't have it before my class is over Friday...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You are still shooting free ammo, so try to look on the bright side of things!

You're right.... and I'm getting paid overtime to shoot it... so I have nothing to complain about really.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#10]
www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm

My favorite.  A bit pricier than others, but very nice.  More easily adjustable, and if you ever decide to get a rail system, it will fit around that, or it can be used with a side sling adapter by removing the front adapter piece.  It will also fit a carbine by removing the rear adapter piece.  Assuming I'm still alive, once I get out of debt I'll eventually get one for every long arm I'll have.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#11]
When I had my 20" A2 I used a CQB Solutions (now Specter) 3 point sling.  I liked it a lot, it held the rifle secure on my person and felt like a quality piece.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:14:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the SOP sling would be better for the types of guns I have right now and what I am going to be doing. The ASP would be an option for when I build my M4 or something like that. I know they have different part numbers, but will the SOP sling for the AR15 fit on a M14 also? Anyone ever try to swap them back and forth? Looks like it would connect to the gun the same way,but are the lengths correct? Thanks
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top