Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:42:06 AM EDT
Who makes it? I know I've seen them advertised.

They clamp on a forward rail and so you can use a sling with HK hooks on each end.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I hadn't seen that one. I saw one by DD that was more triangular. But alas, it is not the one I saw originally. I want to say it was in the Dieter line of stuff. I know a vendor here had them, but its been a long time since I've seen it.

The DD might be worth a look though....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Dieter CQD

I have one and am thinking about selling it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dieter CQD

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/Simply_Green/CIMG0686.jpg

Okay, so that's the one I saw... does it really work with HK style hooks? I can't find an add for them anyplace that would explain that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay.. found it with Google.

www.cqd.net/CQDFSM.php

Images suck there though....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dieter CQD

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/Simply_Green/CIMG0686.jpg

Okay, so that's the one I saw... does it really work with HK style hooks? I can't find an add for them anyplace that would explain that.

Yeah it should, Dieters site is here with more info.

www.cqd.net/CQDFSM.php
ETA - you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
So they are both about the same price. I really like DD stuff, but the Dieter looks like it would be lower profile. Hmmmm

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
You might try this one from Blue Force Gear: www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=1&prod_id=78

Hope this helps...
Clint
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]

This is the pic of the one havoc gave the link to.  I believe this would be the closest one.

TS
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is the one TS posted (MCTAR-TS from MI) on the top upper in this pic - used on an offset rail so I can run a 2pt sling and use a left side light. Works well with HK style snap hooks and very small.

dsgarms.com/images/products/sbrscene.jpg

Quoted:
www.blueforcegear.com/prodImg/mctar_15_ss.jpg
This is the pic of the one havoc gave the link to.  I believe this would be the closest one.

TS

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is the one TS posted (MCTAR-TS from MI) on the top upper in this pic - used on an offset rail so I can run a 2pt sling and use a left side light. Works well with HK style snap hooks and very small.

dsgarms.com/images/products/sbrscene.jpg

Quoted:
www.blueforcegear.com/prodImg/mctar_15_ss.jpg

TS

Now that's cool. Great minds think alike.

Which offset mount are you using? YHM?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay, thanks... not running a MI rail on this particular gun, but it is a great idea if I run an MI rail.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top