Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:13:47 PM EDT
So I think I'm gonna go to a highpower clinic and learn how to be more effective with my AR.  My setup is a Cav MKII lower with a 20" A2-profile upper and no sling of any sort.  I'm wondering what would be a simple and effective sling that would help me get my feet wet without breaking the bank.

Would the $10 tac sling that's tagged be of any value to me at a highpower match?  Can I use a GI style web sling with a Mosin-like "dog collar" for the sling slot on the Cav lower?  I'm not quite ready to plunge for free-float handguards, weights, and a Turner sling just yet...

EDIT:  Just found this one, and it looks like it could be something.  Opinions?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
High Power is 3-position bullseye shooting, with the sling used for shooting support.  None of the "tactical" slings (like the $10 one on this forum or the BP one you linked to, or any 3-point or single-point) work that way.   What you'd need is a "loop sling".  Someting like this I think.  The CavArms rear slot presents a problem, but you might not even need to attach at the rear.  A simple loop of 550 cord might do the trick for the clinic if you do.  I you get serious about it you'll have to get a different lower since the CavArms wouldn't be legal as a "Service Rifle" under either CMP or NRA rules (though you could shoot it in NRA Match Rifle rules).

The guys over on the Competition forum on the General board might have different advice.  Or contact the people running the clinic and see what they recommend.  They will probably have loaner rifles with proper slings for you to use.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top