Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
I have read little about these. I have a couple of spectre 3 points and they work fine on my 20" rifles but for my M4 they hang far too low and get in the way. I am looking for  new sling for my new Recce build and am considering a 2 point but want to learn more about them. What advantages do they hold over 3 point or single point slings if any? Thanks

Steve
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
doubletap
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Viking Tactics (VTac) 2pt sling.  Brownells sells them or go to their website It has a sliding latch that allows you to sinch the weapon tight for carry and with the pull of a lanyard loop drops the weapon to the low ready.  One advantage of the 2pt versus the 3pt is that there's less loops to get tangled in your mag pouches.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
BooniePacker 2p is the way to go. Either the 1.5" or 2". Very simple but sturdy sling with a transition buckle. They are inexpensive and well made. Hard to believe huh? They also ship for free. A 2 point hangs and works just like a 3p except it does not have the strap that runs down the rifle. That strap really gets in the way in my opinion. 2p slings are easy on and off. Not saying that a 3p is bad.....I just prefer a 2p. They work well for me. They can be found at booniepacker.com
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my version of a 2-point sling.  I don't know if it's the usual setup but it works well for me because it keeps the weapon's controls and grip free of the strap, and it retains the weapon better than a single point when slung low.

I bought the $25.00 Eagle Industies 3-point and modified it for my needs.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
While it's not a single point I have been using this 2point from BushMaster M60 Sling it's got lots of padding and hangs nicely. I used it at the range on sat and really found I liked it. I'll see I if can post the pics of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While it's not a single point I have been using this 2point from BushMaster M60 Sling it's got lots of padding and hangs nicely. I used it at the range on sat and really found I liked it. I'll see I if can post the pics of it.

Since I shoot a rifle left handed, I tend to not use the 3 point slings and the VTAC sling looks very interesting. Thanks for posting info about it, Doc.

I have the Bushmaster M60 sling and it's very comfortable, has metal buckles instead of plastic and seems very durable.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check out the Viking Tactics (VTac) 2pt sling.  Brownells sells them or go to their website It has a sliding latch that allows you to sinch the weapon tight for carry and with the pull of a lanyard loop drops the weapon to the low ready.  One advantage of the 2pt versus the 3pt is that there's less loops to get tangled in your mag pouches.  

+1 for the VTac.  I removed my 3 pt. Blackhawk for it.  The VTac is very useful, and doesnt get in the way like my 3 pt. did.  You can snug it up when your in a shooting stance and loosen it when your finished.

Vtac Wide Sling
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the Bushmaster M60 sling and it's very comfortable, has metal buckles instead of plastic and seems very durable.

Edwin, IIRCC you are the one who recommended this sling to me about a month ago, just wanted to say thanks, I'm finding I really like it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edwin, IIRCC you are the one who recommended this sling to me about a month ago, just wanted to say thanks, I'm finding I really like it.

It really is a great sling, but I have also ordered a VTAC to use with my SPR.
I'll post photos of it when it comes in.
Many thanks, Doc, for posting info on it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
No problem edwin  That's what this site is all about:  sharing good info.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top