Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:30 PM EDT
I hate to ask a question that may have been posted before, but I came up dry with search - so here goes:

I have a Bushy M4gery and I would like a vertical foregrip on it.  However, I really don't have the $$ for a new set of forestocks with rails.  Does such an animal exist?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a rail like this...

And mount it  like this...

But it's not the best way and will not be very sturdy. The add-on rails are fine if you just want to mount a light but the plastic handguards just can't hold up to a forward grip if you really use it.

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/combo.htm
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]

But it's not the best way and will not be very sturdy. The add-on rails are fine if you just want to mount a light but the plastic handguards just can't hold up to a forward grip if you really use it.

+1

When I bought my Colt, it had one of these installed on it.  Every time I went to the range, the screws holding the rail in place would work themselves loose after just a few rounds.  Not worth the $20 you'd pay.

Remember this little adage when it comes to buying things for your firearms (and most everything else in life):  You can spend a lot of money once and get the good stuff, or you can spend a little money each time, a lot of times, and constantly have to deal with crappy stuff.  You decide what you want to do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
easier to say: "Buy Nice or Buy Twice!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'd skip on that.  It looks like a real turkey.  Thanks for the warning!  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top