Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:15:04 AM EDT
I'm interested in getting a bayonet.  Since my Bushy has a superlight barrel (actually will have soon as it's on order from Bushmaster)I don't assume it will fit but want to have it.

Can someone point me some good info as to what I should be looking for?  I've seen the M7 priced from $15 to well over $100 depending on the manufacturer.

Thanks

BD
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
M7 should go for no more than $40.  M9 for between $85 to $105.  If your barrel is 16", you'll need a special one that I think Armalite sells...

TS
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you getting a 20 inck barrel, or a midlength?  If you are not the bayonet will not fit correctly on a 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Then why do I keep seeing pics of carbines with bayos on them on this board all the time.  They look like they fit to me although I will say Ive seen only pics, nothing in real life.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Then why do I keep seeing pics of carbines with bayos on them on this board all the time.  They look like they fit to me although I will say Ive seen only pics, nothing in real life.

If that is the case you are seeing 14.5 inch barrels with bayonets.  Or you are seeing  16 inch "Midlength" barrels with the longer gas system.  The standard 16 inch profile with the regular M4 handguards and shorter gas system will not fit a bayonet due to the longer barrel past the friont sight base.  The neck of the flass supressor is too far out to fit in the ring of the bayonet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The military bayonets are made to fit the 14.5" barrel and the 30" barrel.

They will fit 16" barrels with midlength gas systems. Some better then others.

A bayonet will fit on a 16" barrel, but not properly. The ring will go over the flash hider and then sit on the barrel some ways back from the flash hider. So it will go on there, but it looks goofy and is not made to work that way.

There is also a company that makes bayonets to fit on a 16" barrel, the handled is lengthened, but they run around $70.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay. I'll bite...What's the company that makes 'em to fit the 16's.

Just to be clear, my intention was just to have the bayo...not to mount.

BD
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'll bite too.  Who makes a 30" AR?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]

I got my bayonet for 16" CAR from DSG Arms.

Quoted:
Okay. I'll bite...What's the company that makes 'em to fit the 16's.

Just to be clear, my intention was just to have the bayo...not to mount.

BD

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:49:39 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what they look like on a regular 16 inch barrel.  Click to enlarge.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top