Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:25:08 PM EDT
first of all, does the magpul MIAD in coyote brown match up with the tan on the Vltor modstock, or CASV-EL?

and which of the tangodown colors match up with them? the dark earth, or desert tan?

thanks, cory
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
So the new CTR stock in FDE won't match an old MIAD grip in CB?
And will the DS on a GD match the OFD on a EH without the old RET on MK?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And will the DS on a GD match the OFD on a EH without the old RET on MK?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, thanks magpul, ill be ordering a MIAD full grip kit most definently.

cory
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty pissed to hear this! I just ordered Magpul tan ladder rail protectors and MIAD grip in the tan. Tracking shows it should deliver tomorrow. The intention was to put  my current black 93B on another rifle and then buy one of the new stocks in the tan for this one. Now I find out it won't match?!!! It seems awfully silly to me to be changing colors on a whim, not to mention, expensive!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm pretty pissed to hear this! I just ordered Magpul tan ladder rail protectors and MIAD grip in the tan. Tracking shows it should deliver tomorrow. The intention was to put  my current black 93B on another rifle and then buy one of the new stocks in the tan for this one. Now I find out it won't match?!!! It seems awfully silly to me to be changing colors on a whim, not to mention, expensive!

Uhh... its what their biggest customer wants. When .mil says that they want this color, you are probably going to make it if you want any of their money.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all Coyote Brown and Flat Dark Earth are very close to each other Coyote Brown has a hint more orange anf FDE a hint more gray. If we don't lable the boxes we get them mixed up.

Coyote Brown has been our standard tan color for over two years and the switch to FDE is due to military specifications like we received for the PRS.

Remember you can always switch out you items for a different color within the first 60 days of purchese. I have always said "no questions asked" this includes if you just don't like the color or we have released something new.

Now that's customer service...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
first of all, does the magpul MIAD in coyote brown match up with the tan on the Vltor modstock, or CASV-EL?

and which of the tangodown colors match up with them? the dark earth, or desert tan?

thanks, cory

My dark earth TangoDown panels and VFG are pretty close to my tan Vltor CAR club foot Modstock but my coyote brown MIAD grip is a little darker than TD and Vltor and it's noticeable.

Pic of my carbine with noted furniture link
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
No, you obviously didn't see the poor guy in Italy who ordered 4 ladder rail covers and got 4 knockoffs in hard resin.  Rich exchanged them for him.   THAT'S customer service!!

Can we still send in old pre-production MIAD grip bodies and backstraps?  What if we *accidentally* duracoated a set to match our rifle?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like I need to count up by grip bodies and pay you $6 each and you will ship me new ones with labels for shipping the old back?  I would think I need to ship them back first, no?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all Coyote Brown and Flat Dark Earth are very close to each other Coyote Brown has a hint more orange anf FDE a hint more gray. If we don't lable the boxes we get them mixed up.

Coyote Brown has been our standard tan color for over two years and the switch to FDE is due to military specifications like we received for the PRS.

Remember you can always switch out you items for a different color within the first 60 days of purchese. I have always said "no questions asked" this includes if you just don't like the color or we have released something new.

I have a FDE upper colored by Gun Kote and tan Ladder rail covers and MIAD. I personally cannot tell the difference. Hell, I thought they were FDE!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I exchanged a pre-production MIAD grip during the last holidays and this is what I did.

Call Magpul at 1-877-4-MAGPUL so you could exchange info and pay with CC.

Magpul will ship the new production grip with a FEDEX return lable.

Your old core (center piece that holds 3 cartriges) doesn't have to be shipped back.

Ship your old grip and all front and rear straps in the same box and attach lable and drop in a post office or any FEDEX office.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#18]
So I'll pay $6 once or 4 times?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll go to your website and order soon.

I take it I can reorder them in whichever color I choose now or no?  You seem to be bending over backwards to please everyone these days and I was wondering if that was part of the deal.  I don't want any handouts so if this wasn't your original intention, don't start now.

Thanks,

Joe

I'll have to count my grips tonight...

I have so many parts my head spins when I open my parts box.  Am I returning all parts in the basic kit or the full kit?

I need to make sure I can account for one of each part for each grip I intend to return and not screw myself because I may have lost one along the way.  I do have an F4 in two pieces right now.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Does Magpul Maid in CB match in color to the Magpul Rail Protectors in CB?

Does anyone have Pics of CB Maid and RP's on a rifle?
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top