Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 12:29:32 PM EDT
Anyone here use these things?  I have one (a three point) on my AUG and finally got one for the AR.  I've always felt that, for many reasons, a good sling can really add (and often be life-or-death vital) to a particular weapon system.  The sling that comes with the Steyr AUG from the factory is very high quality, but the Giles sling (created and popularized by Gunsight Instructor and cop, Giles Stock of AZ) is by far, FAARRRR, and away THE best sling I've had the pleasure of using (no offense to Troy, Ind.....who's slings are also awesome).  It is simply put, the shit.....and now I have one (a single point) for my ARs.  Just thought I'd pass around my two pennies.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i really like mine.  great patrol sling.  but it's not as good for a lot of cqb/DA/MOUT environments.  i try not to fall in love w/ any piece of gear, rather i believe to have the right gear for a specific mission.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i really like mine.  great patrol sling.  but it's not as good for a lot of cqb/DA/MOUT environments.  i try not to fall in love w/ any piece of gear, rather i believe to have the right gear for a specific mission.

Thanks for the input.  I ask this in all serious with no sarcasm:  can you please explain why you feel it's not good for CQB/DA/MOUT?  I'm just curious, as I've yet to find fault with my AUG Wilderness sling, and have no experience yet with the AR15 version.  Thanks in advance.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top