Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:22:28 AM EDT
Where can I find one?  Seems none of the surplus stores near here sell them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard RobbieB!

Check out some of the other threads in this forum and some of the "retro-builds" threads. Look for a link to Moore Militaria. He has a good selection for a decent price, though I haven't gotten any of mine from him.

Found it. It's in Dog1's So..you are thinking of a retro build...PICS and information thread. He has a few more links you may find interesting.

Thanks for the save Alpha-Romeo3.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Fixed the link to "So..you are thinking of a retro build...PICS and information" thread.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=263900&page=1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.
Iron Brigade Armory
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, but in black.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yep, but in black.

I bought a black one just like that one in the picture.

I got a commercial model made by RRA called CMP (DCM) match sling which I purchased from ADCO Firearms.

ADCO Firearms website link
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep, but in black.

that's the same thing i'm always tryign to find..

adn at least while I was in the USMC the slings were black.. not green
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Tagged because I would like a couple of G.I. issue green slings.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

Hey, I just bought a green US sling (M14 style) for my Dissy with green furniture. It is just like the sling I had in the Corps except green instead of black.

I got it from CDNN... for $6.99 (along with a bunch of other things I ordered. ) It's listed as NEW surplus.  Check it out at their website here.
I also got one of their AK/SKS green slings for my Yugo SKS.

They also have the black M16 "silent slings"...not what I was issued, but I guess what the Army use on their M16s here for $2.99

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#9]
dumb question....

how do you post links that don't have the same text as the actual link?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I just bought a green US sling (M14 style) for my Dissy with green furniture. It is just like the sling I had in the Corps except green instead of black.

I got it from CDNN... for $6.99 (along with a bunch of other things I ordered. ) It's listed as NEW surplus.  Check it out at their website here.

They also have the black M16 "silent slings"...not what I was issued, but I guess what the Army use on their M16s here for $2.99

No Expert

Thanks for the info.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dumb question....

Use the "link" button in the box marked Insert Tags:, just like you would use the bold, italic, or underline features. it is the one that looks like a globe with an "infinity" in front of it (its really a link)... just to the left of the icon that looks like a letter. It will prompt you first for the text, then the URL you want that text to go to.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dumb question....

Use the "link" button in the box marked Insert Tags:, just like you would use the bold, italic, or underline features. it is the one that looks like a globe with an "infinity" in front of it (its really a link)... just to the left of the icon that looks like a letter. It will prompt you first for the text, then the URL you want that text to go to.

No Expert

That sounds so complicated.  I just type:
{url=paste URL here}non-link text{/url}
except with square brackets "[]" instead of curly "{}".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
tag..looking for an original M16A1 black sling as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#14]
what makes it a silent sling? I have an A2 20" that I want to put a black sling on. Any suggestions? Any one know of a DIY?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
what makes it a silent sling? I have an A2 20" that I want to put a black sling on. Any suggestions? Any one know of a DIY?

It is a nylon strap with a buckle on each end.  No hooks, no compression buckle as found on the M1 type sling.  The Army uses them, and are basically only useful as a carrying strap.  Barely worth the $3 they get for new ones.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
So whats a good A2 sling? Any other DIY instructions? I want to use it for plinking, carrying of course, serious target shooting. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So whats a good A2 sling? Any other DIY instructions? I want to use it for plinking, carrying of course, serious target shooting. Any suggestions?

Serious target shooting?  Turner or Les Tam.  There are a few others, but those are the top contenders.

However, I know a few HP shooters that use a cotton M1 sling mounted backwards and do just fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.
Iron Brigade Armory
img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/gisling.jpg

USMC-
Is that sling cotton or nylon?  I seem to remember some OD nylon ones.  Have a cotton one that is the same as an M-14 sling that came from Fred's
Thnx,
Moon
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

Thanks for the info.

Freds M14 Stocks has the Green ones for $5.00

www.fredm14stocks.com

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top