User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:14:30 AM EDT
I am looking for a compact VFG. So far I have seen these:

ACE LTD

Command Arms

I am looking for something short and light weight. Are there any other options I am missing? Which would you recommend?

Thanks for your help,
Matt
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That second one is probably the smallest you're going to find.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The Command Arms/TDI short vertical grip is very nice. I had one on a rifle that I sold. Everyone who shot my rifle liked the ergonomics of it.

As far as the Ace, I dunno, but they look about the same. So it would almost be a matter of cost. But they both cost about the same, so then it comes down to the mounting system. The TDI uses a cross-screw on the rail. I'm not entirely sure how the Ace mounts, but I think it uses a couple short screws that mount about halfway across the rail instead of all the way across. Like I said, not real sure.

Command Arms can be bought from Brightflashlights in the Industry forum. The Ace is available from DSG Arms also in the Industry forum. Both are excellent dealers to buy from.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Looks like the Comand Arms is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Only thing I don't like about the TDI grip is the large blocky square rail attachment at the top. It isn't comfortable on my hand. Needs to be round.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the aluminum version of the ACE VFG on one of my carbines, and I am very happy with it. It does attach with 2 screws that screw upward from the inside of the grip and index into any slot in your rail. It comes with both nylon machine screws and steel setscrews-use the steel ones. I bought it from DSG and it's a great deal at around $20.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Cut down the TangoDown unit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I love that TDI SVG.

Jake
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top