Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:31:52 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone here uses or has used the Specter sinlge point MOUT sling?  I just picked up my AR on Saturady and purchased the sling and Daniel Defense mount for it.  Just looking for some feedback.  TIA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Which DD mount did you go with?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the exact sling that I use. I love it, as it is easy to release/attach to the weapon, and it has held up very well, through regular practice on my own and also training at Blackwater.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which DD mount did you go with?

I went with this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/ReaperAZ/danieldefenseloop.jpg
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
i had one and didnt like how the sling adapter would get in the way of charging the ar and mash my finger tips.

i ended up getting a hk hook and using the yhm hk loop adapter but great sling have since started going with blueforcegear ud-c sling's though
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running the MOUT sling on a Daniel Defense QD loop. I've haven't had a chance to really play with it yet but I'm pretty happy so far.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I used one for quite a while without major issue. It does have the gun hang a bit lower than you may like though.

Since then, I've been running an ASP sling and it's been great.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i had one and didnt like how the sling adapter would get in the way of charging the ar and mash my finger tips. i ended up getting a hk hook and using the yhm hk loop adapter...

+1... I did the EXACT same thing for the EXACT same reason ! Great minds think alike.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a MOUT sling and a GG&G plate, it works.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys.  The more I looked at this set up the more I can see the clearance issue with the charge handle and sling.  I'll test it out once it gets here.  Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll pawn this one off on my dad and get me an ASP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#10]
As an added note, I have not had issues with using the charging handle and this sling, but my mount is the GG&G one, not the DD.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm running a MOUT sling with a GGG plate, no issues with mashed fingers after a year and a half.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top