Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:01:36 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the First Samco G-27 grip and what you thought of it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
it's alright.  fits my hand nicely.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the G27 is a decent grip. I have one on my 16" carbine. I recently got a Magpul MIAD grip, for another build of mine, and I like the feel of it. I have rather large hands, and the MIAD seems to fill my hands better.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#3]
the best grip i have handled
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna go ahead and order one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the best grip i have handled

Would be my opinion also. I have one on my 16"bushy, and I just ordered one for my beowulf.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Weak compared to the MIAD.  I replaced the G27 with MIAD and wont look back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
just ordered one yesterday. Should arrive sometime next week
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a G27 in OD Green? I know First Samco makes that color but haven't seen anyone on the EE offering them in that color.
Thanks,
Clint
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I just got the G27 and it's great.I just wish it was rubberized like the Hogue..What is this MIAD ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got the G27 and it's great.I just wish it was rubberized like the Hogue..What is this MIAD ?

I thought the G27 was rubber?  I'll have to look closer at the next gun show.  I've only ever seen black ones.

MIAD Modular Grip Kit
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone have a G27 in OD Green? I know First Samco makes that color but haven't seen anyone on the EE offering them in that color.
Thanks,
Clint

check in the ee, think it was tic00 or someone selling them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the G27 was rubber?  I'll have to look closer at the next gun show.  I've only ever seen black ones.

MIAD Modular Grip Kit

Thanks for the link..That grip is more comfortable than a Fobus or Hogue ? Or is it just more "tactical" with all the grip options ? It looks like molded plastic to m,not that there is anything wrong with that,I just prefer the grippiness of the Hogue and the molding of the First Samco.

First Samco and Fobus G27 are the same thing,correct ? ..LOL
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer no finger groves as you cant mess up your grip during left/right transitions.  The G27 storage is a joke, its a rubber plug with a coin slot which you turn to increase friction.  Just held in by friction and in no way waterproof.   MIAD allows me to install or remove stocks without removing my grip which is a minor convenience due to the reduced length of the beavertail. Fobus/Samco = same thing. G27 is hard plastic not rubber.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the MIAD much better.  The MIAD isn't slick when my hands are wet or sweaty.  This picture gives an example of the MIAD texture.

My 10 month old/ 85lb pup likes it as well, so please excuse the chew marks.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#15]
That MIAD looks kinda cool,might have to try it out.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top