Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:51:17 AM EDT
I have the MI Free Float fore arm in carbine length and want to get some rail covers. Is there any that work better or worse for these handguards? BTW, though I have never played with other free float forearms, I have to say that I am pretty happy with them. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Knights on my 2 pc. Personal preference. Any quality rail panel should work though. Enjoy! Milldude
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I run KAC 11 rib panels on my MI #20.  

These panels will interfere ever so slightly against the barrel nut clamp. This keeps the metal clip on the panel from locking in properly.  I've read people who dust that area of the panel with a dremel to allow extra clearance.  I actually just tapped the panel with a plastic mallet to get the clip to click into place and lock.

Page #4 of the below link explains the panel interferance

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=254192&page=4
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link. The Magpul is the the covers I was interested in and they seem to work.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top