Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:39:00 AM EDT
Does anyone know who puts real tree camo covering on AR15's.
I don't want a painted on finish. I know Bushmaster sells a rifle  that has this type of finish.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Genesis,

As far as I know, and this is coming from a pretty extensive hunting background, all hunting firearms, optics, binocs, etc are dipped into a solution and the camo essentially wraps around the item. This is a pretty simplistic explanation but I believe I'm correct. From what I gather you are looking for something that is not wrapped and fused to the gun. I'm not sure if there is any other way to camo a firearm. I turkey hunt with a Mossberg 835 ultimag and have a Realtree Hardwoods finish. I've been using this gun since 2001 and have had no problems with the finish peeling or otherwise. If you check with the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF.org  I think) you can find a link to a company that does this type of work.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
NWTF or the NRA either one can prolly tell you.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Water Transfer Printing, a google search will give you options.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
water immersion graphics.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Believe it or not, Gander Mountain offers this process and you get a chioce of many different styles of camo cover. My buddy got his AK-47 done by them and then had his shotgun done for Turkey Season.

Its guaranteed finish cost 175.00 per gun and was back in his home in 2 months.

Hope this helps
Later
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
water immersion graphics.

Thats the more common name, thankyou.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
www.dynamicfinishes.com
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If you've got a gander mtn store around you they do the dip camo

I believe they sned them all to the same place but you cna do it through your local store
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
not that i would want to do this to my evil lil black thing but i would love to watch the process...i'm a sucker for learning how things work and get all the oohs and aahs goin lol...like that show on tv where they go someplace and they show you how stuff is made....very cool
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top