AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:38:28 PM EDT
Anyone using one of these slings?
Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an Eagle 3pt on my M4 and I like it a lot. I've also got several other 3pt slings made by Specter and the Wilderness. They are okay, but IMHO none have the same attention to detail of the eagle sling. I really like that they come w/ the little elastic covers for the HK hooks and extension release, nice touch. The webbing itself is fairly stiff and a little on the small side being 1" wide but I actually like it compared to the wider softer webbing used by other manufactures. To each his own though, shouldn't be too big a deal if you don't hang a ton of shit of your rifle. Any specific Q's ask away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rigger. That's what I wanted to hear. I'll order one today.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I, too, have the Eagle three point sling. I like it a lot, especially at around $25. It does an awful lot for $25. I especially like the quick release buckle. It really gets your rifle out of the way should you need to access your pistol in a rush. I like being able to carry the rifle "at the ready" or slung over my back in a more "traditional" type of sling use. THere are several other ways to carry your rifle from the insert that came with the sling (backpack style and some others I can't remember now), but I mainly use the "at the ready" style and "traditional" style, which the Eagle is excellent at both.

With the above being said, I thought I'd try something a little different and bought a Troy one point sling. The quality is fantastic. The pad is an especially nice touch. But (and there's always a but), I find myself wanting to go back to the Eagle sling. With the Troy, the rifle doesn't exactly ride the way I want it to when I'm not holding it. That, and the fact that if you try to move with the rifle hanging (like when you are using your pistol), you WILL get popped in the nuts. That's not any fun, and if it is, you've got bigger problems than which sling to buy. lol.

Long story short, buy the Eagle three point without regrets. You will be satisfied with it's performance, comfort and use.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats the website for Eagle Slings???
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.eagleindustries.com/

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 I have two and love em'.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top