Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:46:46 PM EDT
I remember the thread on making your own 3 point sling, but was wondering if some of you guys have put together your own 1 point sling?  Any pics, suggestions, etc?

I have material left over from my 3 point sling project and I'm looking for design ideas

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Its easy to make a cheap single point sling, its no more than a loop with a loop on it.  However, a good single point sling is much more.

I've found a good 3 point very simple to make, but a decent single point design is a lot different.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, have played with just a simple loop design.  Wasn't really anything to write home about and I would love to incorporate some sort of bungie material into a newer design.  That and something that could be easly adjusted for when the sling is worn with gear or a tact vest.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
still a work in progress, but maybe good for some ideas?

The "slow release" end is a Uncle Mike's swivel attached to a DD Burnsed Loop.
Can also make a 2pt. sling with the KAC swivel mount on the forearm.
(really does need an ERB)

The adjuster isn't as lo-pro as I'd like, but the ease of length change is nice!
Kind of a VTAC ripoff...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
When you can get high quality single points for $30 (ASP), I do not see why you would need to make one.  What is it you are trying to do (lower cost, etc)?  Is there something about the current deisgns out there that do not fit your application?

Call and talk to Jason at TAG - he might be able to help you with your issues.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When you can get high quality single points for $30 (ASP), I do not see why you would need to make one.  What is it you are trying to do (lower cost, etc)?  Is there something about the current deisgns out there that do not fit your application?

Call and talk to Jason at TAG - he might be able to help you with your issues.  

Not really a money issue.  But I did end up buying three different 3 point slings before finally giving up on the concept.  It just doesn't work for me being a lefty, YMMV.  But I guess it's the same reason why someone would want to refinish the stock on their rifle or change their own oil in their vehicles.  

It's just part of being a gun nut I guess and another excuse to hit the range to try out the lastest sling creation

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]
since you are a lefty go check out militarymoron.com-  he's a lefty and modifies one of the more famous single point slings to fit his needs and seems to really like it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top