Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 3:18:14 PM EDT
I have a Shooter Ridge bipod, which attaches to a sling swivel.  Unfortunately, I just found out I need an adapter for my Rock River Arms, Entry Tactical.  Can anyone share advice if the Harris Bipod Adapter #5 (http://triadtactical.com/tab1/store/item/10nf7/MISC_Shooting_Gear/Harris_5_Adapter_AR-15.html%253Fitem_id%253D10nf7) will work?  My handguard had a thing on the inside, so I have no clue how I would fit that adapter in there...  Or perhaps someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That's exactly what I'm using to mount my Harris bipod on my Bushy with Rock River R4 handguards and it works great.  These should be the stock guards on your rifle.  The "thing" in your handguard is the heat shield.  When I originally installed the adapter I placed it under the heatshield but that was too loose.  What I did to tighten it up was to sandwiched the heatshield, like a washer, in the adapter.  It's nice and tight and I've never had a problem.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Perfect!!!  That was exactly what I was looking for!  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
FYI, The instructions on installing the adapter state to place the inside part of the adapter on top of the heat shield and to NOT remove the heat shield or put it under the heat shield.  The heat shield, although thin and flexible, acts as reinforcement for the fore end and will help keep the adapter from breaking through the fore end material if stressed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's exactly what I'm using to mount my Harris bipod on my Bushy with Rock River R4 handguards and it works great.  

Vegas,
Which Harris bipod model are you using?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's exactly what I'm using to mount my Harris bipod on my Bushy with Rock River R4 handguards and it works great.  

Vegas,
Which Harris bipod model are you using?

I have the 9"-13" non-swivel model with the spring loaded legs and leg notches.  Not sure what the model number is.  It's perfect for for shooting from the bench or when you're down in the prone position.  The legs flip forward out of the way and it's easy to take off.  Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top