Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:22:53 PM EDT
I'm leaning heavily toward the tactical sling from Eagle industries, this is the design I'm looking for and I have no idea what it's called. However, I'd like the one that has the swivel mount on the rail or as Eagle calls it "appropriate mounting hardware". Does anyone else offer this kind of setup because I think $90 is pushing it for this setup when you can get the sling for $27. Or can you get just the mount somewhere and still use the sling. Sorry for the ignorance but when it comes to slings I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me know what you plan to do with the sling, or what its primary purpose is, and I'll be able to give you an honest answer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
DGS arms 2 point sling w/ambi latch $19.95
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm leaning heavily toward the tactical sling from Eagle industries, this is the design I'm looking for and I have no idea what it's called. However, I'd like the one that has the swivel mount on the rail or as Eagle calls it "appropriate mounting hardware". Does anyone else offer this kind of setup because I think $90 is pushing it for this setup when you can get the sling for $27. Or can you get just the mount somewhere and still use the sling. Sorry for the ignorance but when it comes to slings I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I've got the Eagle 3 point sling. Mine has a snap that I put around the Front Site Base. The HK type hook hooks to the snap. The other end attaches to the carbine stock (in my case, a Magpul). The HK type hook attaches to this little loop.

I don't know anything about this "swivel mount" you're talking about. I paid $28 for my Eagle sling and it's worth every penny and then some. It is truly a great sling. Mine also has some sort of buckle type release allowing the rifle to go lower and all the way out of your way to the off side should the need for transitioning to you secondary weapon become neccessary.

I just bought a Troy one point and after a couple of days, I'm going back to the Eagle. Don't get me wrong, the Troy unit is a quality piece of kit. I just don't like being banged in the nuts when on the move with a pistol. THe Eagle also allows for carry in the "ready" position. Just stick with the $28 Eagle sling and you won't be dissappointed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a pic of mine. You can barely see the sling and how it attaches, but I think with the pic and my confusing description, you'll get the jist. Sorry I don't have a better pic at the moment. I'm due for some new pics as my rifle has undergone a slight makeover, version 2.0 if you will.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Well guys I appreciate everything. I ended up going with a BFG single point as this was the only single point I could find that had emergency release buckles in the event it would get hung up. I know I'm probably going to regret not going with the Eagle, but such is life. I have a drop leg holster from Eagle for the M9 and it's on a level of quality second to none. I ended up going single point because this rifle will primarily see range use/ carbine classes and won't be moved onto a weapon if I get deployed. My old unit had M4's my new one has the old school full size M16A2's unfortunately :(. If I do end up getting deployed which they're saying is highly probable I'll defintely pick up the Eagle for the full size.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Disregard
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Just found out the BFG is on backorder so it looks like I'm going with the Eagle after all. Guess it was meant to be lol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe "backorder" was the wrong term. I ordered the sling from Grant (grtactical) on here and he doesn't have any in stock right now, won't have the black model until next week and I'm too impatient for that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I went the following and love the set up!!!!

http://www.operationparts.com/

DANIEL DEFENSE EZ CAR SLING MOUNT 48.00

Troy Single Point Sling, BLACK 34.00
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I got the Eagle sling in the mail yesterday and just as I expected it's a pretty quality piece. I couldn't have asked for more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I use an M60 sling, with a HD quick disconnect added. For me this is a more flexible (adaptable) sling. It provides a comfortable tactical carry, and can be quickly converted to a hasty sling for long-range deliberate fire.  For quick adjustments, I have the sling marked with paint for the prone and normal carry position.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I use the Dieter (sp?) CQD. I can use it as a one or two point sling depending on my mood.

[gump] I like it alot [/gump]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top