Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:25:41 AM EDT
I've seen one of these and for the life of me i can't remember where.  It's basically a no frills assualt vest, holds a few AR magazines very flat/close to your body and it can be totally concealed under a baggy zipped up hoodie or light jacket.

Help me out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
A chest harness with single mag pouches should work, but I'm unaware of anything designed specially for this.

If you remember what it is, try to find some pictures for those of us visual people....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't a chest harness.  Not a fan of chest harnesses either, to high up and anything around my uh, pectorals wouldn't conceal worth a shit.

I Think i saw it last time i was in TN.  Could have even been a pre production piece.  Someone said they didn't see the point of the thing until someone threw a coat over it.

I just sent an e-mail to Allen at  Tactical Response Gear to see if he has any idea what i'm talking about.  I'll post something if he knows.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the 5.11 line has something like that.  IIRC it can be left unfastened in the front and will not be noticeable under a jacket.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]
i don't think it was 5.11, but i'll check their websight.  Definately wasn't their tactical vest though.  Wasn't a piece of clothing or anything, just a very concealable magazine carrying harness/vest

Edit: Just checked, i'm sure it's not 5.11's mesh concealment vest.  It wasn't modular like the 5.11 and was designed to carry a few AR mags, which the 5.11 is not designed to do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
That's the only one I know of intended for concealment.  Eagle and BHI have one that holds 4 single or dual mags with two larger utility pouches on the sides that sounds like what you are describing.
Or you could go with something like a TT MAV body and several single mag shingles.
ETA:  If you go over to the Armory boards you should be able to get a lot of info there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
For discrete use under a jacket, I run a simple Specter Mk3 (the all molle/no pouches) chest carrier with one Paraclete TXII in the front center and no other pouches mounted.  Its adjusted so that the bottom of the carrier is just above my beltline, if you kneel and the carrier raises up then the carrier it too low.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to sound condescending or anything, but is there any practical purpose to conceal rifle mags under a jacket?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Sheepleflage?
all the bite with out the look of the fangs?
but where would the rifle go?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Diamondback tactical was selling a low profile vest for wear under a jacket or vest. You might check with them too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not to sound condescending or anything, but is there any practical purpose to conceal rifle mags under a jacket?

If you had a job wherein you would need to not be instantly pegged for being armed (jacket over sidearm) and in which you might need quick access to a rifle/carbine stored nearby (think lots of time in vehicles).  The vest would allow you to have at least some ammo on your person that would not have to be located/donned under duress/fire.  
That's where I've seen them used.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this what you are talking about?

www.paracletearmor.com/Vests/UJV019C-M.htm

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Absolutely.  I didn't think much about the design until after NOLA.  Following that it was evident that even after the shit hits, it's still neccecary to keep a low profile.

Quoted:
Sheepleflage?
all the bite with out the look of the fangs?
but where would the rifle go?

Be imaginative! box of roses, violin case.  j/k, realistically it would work best for maintaining low profile in a vehicle or having an accessable rifle near you but not on you.  Saves a lot of time if you can just grab a rifle and not have to put on all the rest of your gear.

Think about it, you're sitting in the car wearing a zip up hoodie, rifle low out of view.  Hoodie unzips, rifle come sup any you're ready to rock.

Anyway, allen is telling me it's a prototype from an independent gear manufacturer.

Here's a picture:

Doesn't do it justice since you really have to see it on a person then concealed on a person to appreciate it.  The neat part is if you no longer need to go low profile, it's expandable.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Eagle and BHI have one that holds 4 single or dual mags with two larger utility pouches on the sides that sounds like what you are describing.

I have a basic BHI omega vest (Eagle copy) that has six double mag pouches on the front.  If I put only one mag in each pouch and throw on a Carhart jacket, no one would know you have a vest on underneath, at worst, it may look like you put on a little weight.  The vest does position the mag pouches below the chest.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, i have an Eagle.  It's okay.  If i got this i'd probably get rid of it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top