Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:27:33 PM EDT
I was thinking about ordering one of the bungee ones. are they worth the money? I have one of their discrete cases and there pretty bitchin.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever used an elastic sling?  You may want to try it before you buy it.  After using bungee cord slings, and other single points, I came to the conclusion that they were all useless for my purposes.  It wasn't until the ASP Single Point Sling came out that I was willing to use any single point for duty use.  

I'm not saying that there aren't people who like bungee cords, but it serves no valid purpose  with what I do.  I've had to transition before, and when Murphy rears his ugly head, the last thing I need is something that is elastic bouncing around.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks looks like the the ASP is a lot cheaper anyway
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Its pretty much bomb proof, I've been doing some evil torture testing to it and haven't got it to fail yet...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Check with CSM gear for a single point sling. Bungee is a good thing as long as it is on one side of the fastener not both.  With the CSM SPS, the weight of the rifle is held with the nylon strap not the bungee, so the bungee doesn't stretch out.

And besides all CSM gear is made in the USA and That's gotta be worth something!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at the Blue Force sling which allows you to switch between one, two, and three point sling all in one nice package. How easy is it switch between "points"?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the ASP require a sling adapter, not sure what the part is calles but I think you use a spanner wrench to take it off
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
There are several different ways to mount it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top