Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 11:20:27 AM EDT
I've been wanting to make a few slings for me and a couple friends and would like to use 1 1/4" nylon webbing in both OD and black.  Problem is I'm having a heck of a time finding a source for 1 1/4" nylon webbing.  It seems like all anybody carries is 1" and 1 1/2" webbing.  Anybody here know of a source for this size of webbing?  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I ran into the same problem, especially in "odd" colors (I usually just buy a commercial sling in the standard colors).

What I did was use 1.5" webbing where the available loops/connection-points allowed me to do so; where not, I used 1.5" webbing for the sling itself & then a "reducer" buckle allowing the ends (that are connected to sling loops, etc.) to be 1" webbing.  Not perfect, but it worked in some of my "home-made" applications.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I might have to go with that option if I can't find it anywhere.  It seems odd that it's so hard to find considering that most rifle slings are made out of 1 1/4" webbing.  The people making these slings have to get it from somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT as i am also looking for this. also, where did you find 1 1/2" nylon?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
www.strapworks.com

They've got a lot of good stuff.  The only places I've been able to find that sell 1 1/4" webbing have minimum orders of something like $300.  I certainly don't need that much webbing.  Still haven't found a source for 1 1/4" hardware.

My quest continues.hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, that's who I order from as well.  Great prices & service, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just FYI just saw in the do it yourself sling thread where strapworks was giving a 5% discount for AR15.com folks.  just put AR15.COM  in the coupon code.  

FFF
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
webbing
www.tnwebbing.com/military.htm

hardware
www.itwnexus.com/

and if you really want to see hardware and webbing:
scroll down and right click save-as on the PDF catalog link
lowyusa.com/catpage.html

since you are making your own stuff register on lightfighter.net
and check out the "Roll your own" section
excellent stuff on there.

I would skip the 1 1/4" webbbing and just use 1" Tubular webbing.  Tubular webbing is more comfortable anyway.  
1 1/4" webbing=hard to find hardware
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#8]
+1
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top