Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:26:53 PM EDT
grippod
I find this interesting. Wondering if anyone else did.
Your comments are welcome even if you don't have one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i have used them on several occasions.  I haven't picked on up but i should.  i like them and they are rock solid.  offers more flexibility than the harris setups
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you would find better use for it on certain weapons systems than an AR, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one but sold it on the EE.  It functioned as a nice bipod but I decided it was too bulky and too heavy.  I had the aluminum version so the polymer version might have suited me better, it is several ounces lighter.  I tried it on both my MRP and my FAL but decided it wasn't for me.

One big problem I had with it was that I felt the base was not  secure - it had only a single thumbnut holding it on the rifle.  For a VFG that would be sufficient but not for a bipod.  Personally I would prefer a wider base (like the Dieter CQD) with at least 2 or 3 attachment points like allen head screws, not thumbscrews, holding it on.  

I like the concept but not this version.  Maybe they will come out with a better version in the future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think you would find better use for it on certain weapons systems than an AR, but to each their own.

That was my thought, maybe on a SAW.  I just use the magazine as a monopod on my AR.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, don't care for vertical foregrips, and I'm not sure this does anything that the mag prone doesn't do just as well. A gimmick IMHO, though I have to confess I haven't used one myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mag prone works great if you are running slick, but just try it when you are kitted out with a plate carrier with a chest plate in and 2 mags in your mag pouches.  You are so high off the ground that the mag prone will hardly work...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top