Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:26:03 PM EDT
I need to get a sling for my new AR for high power shooting. My M1A has a leather military sling. I see that Turner now makes a synthetic sling that looks like leather. In fact on Rock River's web site, that's the one they sell as the National Match sling.
Anyone have any experience with them? I would imagine that they won't stretch like leather will, eventually. What's your opinions?
Thanks,
   Don
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Which feels better to you?  I would try them both if possible, and go from there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They are really nice slings.  Since you already have a leather one, I'm assuming you know how it works for the most part.  Some people have been turned off by it because it looked a little complicated.

I have used the Turner AWS several times in the Navy with the M14.  It has a good grip and it holds well in wet conditions.  I haven't had a problem with my sling stretching, but never used the leather one to really compare.  I have been successful in chasing off rust on the ring and hooks, I do wipe it down a little bit after use.  The rain, snow, dust, sand and other slightly annoying conditions haven't really affected the sling.  It feels good when brand new, and gets better as time goes by.

They are fairly durable and I imagine does not need as much care as leather, a rag...fresh water and a dry place for storage.  I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but for the most part I think you'll be happy with it.  I will safely guess that if you like your leather sling, you'll probably like this one as well.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top