Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
Are they even worth having? Any pros/cons?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
100mph tape
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
100mph tape

If you're real HD/LS get the blue tape as used in Liberia.  BTW, it will really help increase your skillz with malfs if you do it right.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Mag-Cinch.  It is rock solid in its coupling and it won't scratch your mags.

"Are they worth having?"

It's a matter of personal preference. The above being said, I took mine off. I found them (two mags) too bulky.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the mag cinch, but took it off.  The problem I had was that under heavy firing, the mag slipped ever so slightly, and when I went to reload, I couldnt seat the left hand mag.  Problem was that the now empty right mag was against the ejection port cover and wouldnt allow me to push the left mag all the way home.  This happened during a heavy training session, and I ended up just throwing the mags to the ground and grabbing another from a thigh rig.   Took the mag cinch off at the next break, and havent used it since.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the same go for First Samco?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My Uncle Mike's carrying case only allows me to carry a 20 rd magazine but I was thinking I could mag-cinch a second 30 rd one onto it and have a 20 rder connected to a 30 rndr as the top of the 30 rd mag would then ride higher up alongside the rifle and be level with the bottom of the 20 rounder.

Any input on if this would work? and again, is there a better magazine coupler than any other out there?  Purpose is for a patrol rifle used by a patrol level street officer.

Stickman? Kisara? thoughts guys?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
i like First Samco w/ 100mph tape for insurance
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried mag cinch but did not like it for patrol use.  
1 it adds more weight with two mags hanging there.
2 no place to store them in pouch when they are together( I think Eagle is making pouches now for mags that are doubled up w/ cinches.
3 I have a thigh rig I keep my extra mags in and train from that.
4 when doing tactical reloads we take the mag out and shove it in our waste band or cargo pocket, its very hard to hang on to a double cinched mag or stuff it for later. We dont ever put empty mags back in pouches.
5 it does give you the quick mag change though
6 for clearing malfunctions it could be a bit bulky or get in the way
7 If you do go with them you should be fine long as you train all the time with them cinched.
8 I use them on my glock 31 rounders in my OLY GL9. (not duty use, but for fun plinking)
9 Check out Redi-mag, that will also keep the weight off the mag thats inserted
10 Be careful when cinching them together, do not make them "extremely" tight or you might hear those little welds on the mag start to crack or give, meaning on cheap mags or even aluminum Colt 30 rounders

Its a quality product overall.  Just depends on what you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
CMMG sells the falcon mag couplers for $10.95 they seem to be good ones. i ordered two and will try them out

usmc5593
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried First Samco and didnt like them, got some no names that looked like Mag-Cinch but had cotton webbing and they sucked too
Got a pair of Mag-Cinch and liked them alot. Now own 5 pair.

You have to make sure they are postioned correctly so they dont have trouble while swapping mags.
The only thing I shoot with them is Rifle/3 gun matches so dont take this to mean trust your life to them. They do make a much faster reload while on the move.
Problem getting pouches for them and they need to be checked to make sure they are tight every so often.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I tried the Fobus (First Samco) and didn't like em so much.  It's nice to have an extra mag available, but it just wasn't gonna happen that way for me.  I've since took the plunge and forked out the $110 and got the 2nd generation Redimag with the quick attach.  I must say- I love it.  check it out at booniepacker.com

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top