Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:40:24 PM EDT
I am searching for a retractable stock that has a compartment for carrying something other than batteries! I need a compartment large enough to carry a cleaning kit and possibly some spare parts such as springs, an extra friring pin etc, all waterprrof and rattle proof. So far every stock ive found allows you to store one thing and one thing alone, batteries! I already have plenty of storage for batteries. Id rather not like to get a regular m4 stock and plant a cheek piece on it with a compartment but just have the compartment in the stock itself and a compartment that allows me to carry something other than batteries!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry brother, I have searched long and hard for the exact same thing and it just doesn't exist.

The Magpul M93 was supposed to eventually have a picatnney bolt-on compartment for storage of cleaning gear, etc. but I think that one is pretty much gone by the wayside (the compartment)

The easiest solution would probably be to get a USGI cleaning kit in the nylon alice clip belt bag and simply insert it in one of the buttstock 30 round mag holders that straps on the the stock.  Actually, that is a damn good idea now that I think about it!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
hmmm sounds like a good idea. I think I might try that. It still seems strange though that a stock mfr. wouldnt make a compartment for this very purpose. oh well,I can always jury rig something, thanx for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've found a cleaning kit that fits into the grip of an M4/M16/AR15 made by Otis, it came with two of the inserts, one holds the cleaning kit the other could be used for small parts, etc.  Installation was as simple as removing the screw for the grip and replacing it.

Linky

Otis Grip Kit
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top