Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2005 1:41:35 PM EDT
I know this is the newbie-ist of all newbie questions, but I just picked up a new RRA six position collapsible stock and a stock wrench.  How do I install it on my Bushy AR.  I have an Ace Skeletal on there now.  I bought an ambi car sling adapter plate.  Thanks.  Russ (a very non-mechanical guy).  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
when i put my vltor stock on my AR to replace the a2 stock, it was easy.  just watch out for the spring as you take the buffer tube off.
i don't know if your stock has it but others on this forum have mentioned red lock tite on the buffer tube IIRC.  be careful you don't bugger up your lower.  even non-mechanical types can do it.  if you can assemble a model or bicycle you can do it.  get a book and pay attention to directions.  i just had a gun rag that had very brief amounts of info and discriptions and it was a piece of cake.  i just took my time.

i'm assuming that you have to replace the buffer tube w/ a new one that came w/ your new stock.
and don't forget to use some good gun grease inside the buffer tube. it helps take away the boingggg  when you fire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  The buffer tube and Ace stock are coming off.  The RRA stock has a buffer and spring.  I assume the sling adaptor goes closest to the receiver (holding in the spring to the rear take down pin), followed by the nut (castle?) and then the new stock.  Here's where I am really confused: I assume I hand tighten the stock first and then snug up the nut.  From what I see of the picture of the stock on RRA's website it would appear the "teeth" of the nut go in the direction of the stock.  Does any of this sound right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
ARFCOM is a great resource for all kinds of interesting AR information.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top