Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:59:47 PM EDT
Hi... I want to buy a sling for my RRA Entry Tactical. Not sure what kind to get. It has a collapsible stock. Keeping in mind I am a rifle newbie. What would you recommend? I'd like one that will allow me to carry it muzzle down.

Thanks, IAC4
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Wilderness brand slings, well designed and well made from top notch materials.   I've got a black, like-new, Wilderness Giles Three Point Sling for an M4 stock and front side sling swivel if you're interested, shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the giles sling but the material is pretty hard and digs into your neck.  But that's just my opinion.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What about this one?
blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=55
You can use it 1,2 or 3 point mode. It is a tad expensive, but would you rather buy a 1,2 and 3 point sling idividually? I have one and really like it. You will have to buy a single point sling mount to use it in 1 point mode, 2 and 3 point you dont.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to confuse you even further, I'll recommend Specter. Their website includes a great how to use section, which made this newbies life easier. Fast service also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you guys think of the Spec-Ops Brand Sling 101?  It seems like a simple enough sling, and I can get it locally.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
check out bonnie packer slings at redi-mag.com.   sorry i don't know how to hot link it.

great prices, and what made me check them out is that Ken Hackathorn thinks they're the best.  

i have one of their single point slings w/ emergency release buckle (less than $20) but they're not cheap imports.  very well made and made in the USA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on Specter.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
check out bonnie packer slings at redi-mag.com.   sorry i don't know how to hot link it.

www.redi-mag.com/slings2.php
Just pay attention to the pictures as some carries are shown right-handed and some shown left-handed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
ASP - the best single point sling I've ever used. Much more comfortable than the Specter MOUT and less cumbersome than 3-point slings. I bought an extra pigtail so I could use the sling on my shotgun as well.

Review here

Keep in mind, though, that single point slings are best for CQT and immediate action drills, but not so great for long walks in the woods with your rifle (although the ASP is pretty comfortable and might do in a pinch).
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for Specter.  I bought one used (looks new) over on the equip. exchange.  I'm very happy, spent the first weekend working on live fire transition drills from my M4 to my pistol, the sling worked great, never got in the way.  ymmv.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hi... I want to buy a sling for my RRA Entry Tactical. Not sure what kind to get. It has a collapsible stock. Keeping in mind I am a rifle newbie. What would you recommend? I'd like one that will allow me to carry it muzzle down.

Thanks, IAC4

Eagle 3-point.  Have it for all my rifles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
You could also make your own. Check this thread http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=233665. Also, look here Black-Rifles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Blue Force Gear Single Point that I have been happy with.

If you don't need a Tactical Sling, I still like the standard 2 point slings for general feied and range use. You can carry muzzle down, and they aren't flapping in front of you like a single point or 3 point.

Just my $.02 worth.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ASP - the best single point sling I've ever used. Much more comfortable than the Specter MOUT and less cumbersome than 3-point slings. I bought an extra pigtail so I could use the sling on my shotgun as well.

Review here

Keep in mind, though, that single point slings are best for CQT and immediate action drills, but not so great for long walks in the woods with your rifle (although the ASP is pretty comfortable and might do in a pinch).

I agree, and I'll add that you really need to figure the reason you want the sling.  

If you want it for long walks in the woods, get a basic military sling that is horrible for everything except keeping it slung over your shoulder.

If you want it for shooting, work, or running drills, the ASP sling is a solid product that should work well for you.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top