Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:42:06 PM EDT
it can be seen here:

www.grippod.com

I am thinking about getting one since the tango down bipod is still months away.....

anyone have any firsthand experience with the grippod? supposedly its on the S.C.A.R. and numerous armed forces are using it, but no one ever mentions anything about it...

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received mine yesterday. It looks great and seems sturdy, but it is a little on the heavy side. The one I got is the polymer one. Unfortunately my upper is getting some accessories put on it so I will give an update in about a week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
cool, i am on the brink of getting one, i would need to have it by next week though, because i only have access to an long range once a month. normally i can only shoot at 25 yards or less.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well Matt, I can tell you it looks pretty cool, the spring mechinism that deploys the legs are strong and it does seem to be very stable with the legs deployed. The body is thick and seems rugged. To be honest, The design is simple yet ingenious, I think it is going to work great. My only concern is how it connects to the rail system. It's plastic with one thumbscrew thingy (technicle term) but I am sure it will hold up.  Good luck with your decision, I think you will like it.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted a thread about these a couple months back when my unit issued them to us.  We have the metal ones, and they work great.  I mount mine to the rear, just in front of the magazine well so that I can keep my support hand in close to my center of gravity.

This is farther to the rear than a traditional bipod, but it still works well in conjunction with the ACOG.

In field use they are also handy to sit the rifle down with out having to lay it in the dirt or find something to lean it on.

I like them.  

I haven't seen the plastic one though, it may not be as robust.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
i guess Ill order the plastic one and give it a shot. It may not be the aluminum version, but if the design is used on the s.c.a.r. it must be all right.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top