Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:26:56 PM EDT
I transport my rifle in two peices, and I bought an accu-wedge because i read about it in a gun rag years ago.

An Accu-wedge makes dissasembly/re-assembly more difficult, and I was wondering whether or not it was really worth the trouble... I have LMT upper to a Bushmaster lower.

Also, do I have to re-zero my rifle because I carry the upper and lower seperately?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Think about it.  What does the lower have to do with aiming?  Are your rear sights mounted on your butt stock?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
[Napoleon] DUHHHHHHHHHHH[/Napoleon]

Just making sure mang, thanks!

What's the point of an accuwedge then?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
IFAIK, it just makes some folks feel better if they are irriated by a little play.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's the point of an accuwedge then?

To make the manufacturer a profit - just like most of the other accessories out there.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one in my Bushmaster M4gery.
I just assembled a Stag lower to an USGI FN A2 upper, and the accuwedge will not fit, even after cutting a bunch off
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used an Accu Wedge my Bushmaster Lower, and Bushmaster, and LMT MRP uppers. They don't improve accuracy per the point that was made above about the joining of the upper and lower having nothing to do with accuaracy.

I use tha Accu Wedge (which fits well in the Bushy lower, and does not make assembly any slower) because I don't want any play that would lead to excessive wear on take down my pins. If nothing is "Slapping" against something else, wear is reduced. Plus, it just makes everything feel "Tight"...and "Tight" is ALWAYS "Better" than "loose".

Wouldn't you all agree????

Tack
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Accuwedge does not decrease wear of take downb pins.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
same here, accuwedge my LMT upper to Bushie lower.. LMT and Bushie doesn't match?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I've decided to ditch the accuwedge.

It's say the match between bushy and LMT is like, 99%... very slight movement of the upper.

Not enough to warrant the inconvinience of having a difficult take down pin IMHO, and it doesnt aid accuracy.

:)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an Accuwedge in my Bushy because there is a lot of slop between the upper and lower.  The anoying rattle is gone.  My Oly Arms lower and Model 1 upper are so tight they don't need one.  The down side to the accuwedge is that it spreads the upper and lower apart sometimes causing a noticable gap which bugs some people.  Bushmaster sells an "offset" rear take-down pin that actually "draws" the upper down to the lower thus eliminating any gap what so ever.  The down side to the offset pin is that you need an allen wrench to remove the take-down pin.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
If you must have it, shave it down so it's a snug fit, but not tight.  If it's too tight, you'll never get the upper off without slamming the take down pin with a punch & hammer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#12]
 Go and buy a package of #7 o-rings for less than a buck.   slip  one over the front lug, works just as good as accuwadge.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top