Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:44:04 PM EDT
Anyone have any opinions on Gemtech Suppressors vs. Surefire suppressors???
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
What is silencer tests supposed to tell the guy about Surefire silencers?  Why link that when it has no info?

Surefire is an ultra light reflex suppressor that is very expensive, compact and is not very quiet.

Gemtech is heavy, mounts to a flash hider or threads, is more reasonable in price and is very quiet.

They are about as opposite as you can get for suppressors.  A better comparison would be Gemtech M496D vs AAC M4-2000 and the Surefire vs Troy.  Those are at least in the same categories.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This is just rumor mill stuff from another forum but several guys stated they had personal experience with the Surefire can and said it sucked.  Now I don't think I've ever heard of anyone trying a Gem-Tech can and say they suck.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is just rumor mill stuff from another forum but several guys stated they had personal experience with the Surefire can and said it sucked.  Now I don't think I've ever heard of anyone trying a Gem-Tech can and say they suck.  

For a given caliber, you can find cans for a few bucks less than GemTech (or, in some cases, a few dB quieter), but I have never heard of a customer service or product quality problem.  They make good solid cans and stand behind them.  Dunno about Surefire.  Is this the same company that was screwing their dealers over a year ago or so?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Gemtech is second to none on customer service.  Dater and the crew are top notch AND they deliver an outstanding product.  I own much of their product line and have always been a happy camper.  They even made an adapter for me to properly torque down my bilocks.

Big thumbs up! :)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top