Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:21:54 PM EDT
Okay, I just got a side sling plate today to attach to my stock; it requires this adapter in order to use a QD mount.

Here's the problem as you can see in the pic.  The adapter is threaded and came with two screws.  The plate itself is threaded, but where the plate appears like it is supposed to mount to the stock, there are no threads on those holes.  I can actually drop the screws in the hole and they'll fall out.  Not to mention, even if those holes had threads, the screws that came with the plate aren't nearly long enough; they would only go all the way through the threaded plate, and that's it.

Did I get the wrong plate?  Is my stock abnormal (like its user)?  Help!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Okay, I just got a side sling plate today to attach to my stock; it requires this adapter in order to use a QD mount.

Here's the problem as you can see in the pic.  The adapter is threaded and came with two screws.  The plate itself is threaded, but where the plate appears like it is supposed to mount to the stock, there are no threads on those holes.  I can actually drop the screws in the hole and they'll fall out.  Not to mention, even if those holes had threads, the screws that came with the plate aren't nearly long enough; they would only go all the way through the threaded plate, and that's it.

Did I get the wrong plate?  Is my stock abnormal (like its user)?  Help!

webpages.charter.net/usmcsilver/images/stockproblem.jpg

Is it possible that the screws go in from behind the reinforcement plate and the QD adapter mounts on the outside? In other words, are there some reliefs machined into the back side of the reinforcement plate the right size for those allen heads?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you need to take the plate off the stock, pass the screws in from underneath, and then into the adaptor? The reason I suggest that is that the screw heads look like they'd interfere with a QD swivel's rotation if they were sticking up above that adaptor plate.

I don't know. I'd either post this in the MagPul forum, or call them directly and ask.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I can take the black plate off that is mounted to the stock, but notice that it is about 14" thick.  Even if there were recessed holes for the screw head, the screws would have to be, well, wait, let me try it and see what happens.  BRB.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, it worked.  Well, kinda.  I've now lost a freakin' little screw!  ARGH!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this same question awhile back and almost kicked myself when I figure it out.

Simply remove the reinforcement bracket (two screws are from the other side) and take them off the stock. Look at the reinforcement plate that has the hole for the QD, you should now put the screws into the backside of the plate and screw them into the supplied plate with the threads in them.

So yes they install backwards and they (the screws) fit into preslotted position on the back of the reinforcement bracket.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again folks for all the help!  She's up and runnin' now!  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top