Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:57:30 AM EDT
I was looking at getting a bipod for my rifle.  I have not been able to look at any of the Harris ones in person.  What is the major difference between:

1)  Model S-LM 9" to 13" with Leg Notch Swivel Mount
2)  Model S-L 9" to 13" Swivel Mount

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of the two.

Thanks All!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding that the legs on the leg-notch models extend themselves under spring pressure when you press the release button and they have locks every 1/2 inch up to full extension.  

The non-leg-notch models require pulling the leg extension out by hand until it locks at full extension or you can use a thumb wheel/screw to hold it at less than full extension.  If you press the release button, the leg will retract under spring pressure.   I've owned a non-swivel model like this one in the past.

FWIW, I'm planning to get a bipod just like your 1) selection.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
i have always used the notched leg bi-pods and love them!

the other thing is swivels! and then pod-locs!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys!!
The notch model just seems to make more sense.  It seems like it would be quicker to set up. Now how about the best place to get one... best price?
As always thanks everyone for your help.
JT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
mstn
gandrtactical
adcofirearms

they are located in the industry forum
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking for a bipod also, are there any good websites I can go to ?

sn
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/574124

I have the little plastic rail above on the bottom front of my handguards to mount a Samco plastic flashlight holder to my AR. Would that same rail work with a Harris bipod?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Harris bipods attach to a QD sling swivel stud, so you'd need an adapter to go on the rail.  www.harrisbipods.com shows one, but I'm sure there are others.  If you have the room on the handguard, a cheaper option would be to just get the #5 adapter for the AR handguards.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top