Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:37:08 AM EDT
While a safe is certainly a secure place to keep one's firearm collection, the hurricanes of last year has shown they aren't exactly the most mobile means of storage.  One of my associates is interested in procuring a mobile case capable weathertight (floating preferred) storage for 5-6 AR15 carbines and/or rifles.

To that end, what do you folks use?  Pictures or hyperlinks would also be useful.

I understand both Hardigg and Pelican make mobile armory cases that would fit the bill, but Hardigg won't deign to send a catalog/price sheet and Pelican doesn't sell military cases to the public.  Surely there are alternatives?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It would appear from their website, though, that Starlight only manufactures cases for single rifles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Starlight also has double rifle cases on the website. Last time I had to use mine, I was able to stuff an AR, SKS, another AR upper half, a few mags and some boxed ammo in one of their double rifle cases. It's still not quite the mobile armory you are looking for, but it's a very good case.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Perhaps something like this?

Those are Hardigg mobile armory cases, on the top row.  I've downloaded Hardigg's most recent catalog and found an even better case, which holds six rifles or carbines.  Once again, though, Hardigg's rep will answer my e-mails with "I'll put it in the mail", but never does.  Even this website offers no pricing or shipping data.  As a collector of data for someone else, this puts more effort on me to accomplish the favor.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a single CAR broken down into upper and lower, stored next to one another with a couple mags?  ID should be around 26-28"L x 15-18"W x 5-7"D.  I've been looking for such a case to transport a single CAR-15 securely (Pelican type durability=can be effectively locked and thwart quick access) and discretely (isn't the size of those giant Starlight and Pelican cases!).

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Why Buy a half dozen $ 150 cases ? You can get alot of rifles/Handguns in a water tight sealable 55 gal Drum.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
In the first instance, the case cannot store securely multiple rifles.  Collectively, individual cases and their respective padding take up too much room.  The idea is to provide a weatherproof, secure means of transporting an AR collection in the event of a forced evacuation.  We had four last year.

The fifty-five gallon drum approach provides no greater ability to secure weapons for transport and, put simply, doesn't fit inside an SUV.  In the instance of the case for which this thread was created, the steel drum approach would require considerable customization.  They're also problematic to transport via commercial air carrier.

Hence, the necessity for using a mobile armory case which has been tested and has passed federal regulations for transport.  What I'm looking for is a manufacturer who not only makes such a product (I've already named two who do), but also has a retailer interested in selling them.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top