Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 3:10:59 PM EDT
I am looking for a good sling for my AR-10...I will use it more for hunting than anything...I was thinking that the single point ability would come in handy for walking trees and valleys where being in the ready position would be a great advantage....Walking in or out of an area the 3 or 2 point would be real nice.

Any disadvantage with the Soc-c?  Anything you all could tell me from experience about the sling that may sway my decision one way or the other?

Really appreciate any input,

Thanx,

SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the soc-c contractor pak, zero drawbacks that I have found. The sling is great, you can configure it for just about any weapon, and Ashley at blueforcegear offers great customer service.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
i had one and didnt like it too much.

i like dedicated slings better and went back to that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's another "buy it" vote for the best sling system ever made.  I have not had the problems that eklikwhoa mentions.  In my experience, once the SOC-C is set up in any particular mode, it is as good as or better than any other sling that only functions in that one set-up.  Go ahead and buy a contractor pack (or SOF Pack if you own an Eagle CIRAS vest).  I don't think that you'll regret it.  YMMV

Stephen
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top