Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:52:58 AM EDT
I am looking for a 3-point to use with a carbine triangle hand-guard, is there one out there or do I just purchase the car-15/M4 3-point like this one???????

I do not want to buy it and when I wrap the front strap around the triangle HG's it doesnt go all the way around, because it is too short because of the diameter of the THG's. Do you guys see this as a problem, or go for it? but first let me tell you what I am working with.......I have the carbine triangle HG's and the stock is the CAR-15 4-position, also the carbine has its stock sling swivels in both front and back...............help me out, I need to be able to swing it to my left for drop-leg pistol holster or secondary rifle/shotgun.

I stole this pic but this is the HG I will be using..........

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:52:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Donovan,

My police department just recently got 5 M-16A1's through a government giveaway program as patrol rifles.  They came brand new in the box and marked April, 1973.  We purchased the SpecterGear 3 pt. tac slings for them and they work great.  Plenty of material to wrap around the triangular handguard.  We were able to secure GSA pricing and they ended up being an incredible $26 a piece!

"# 004 also fits M-16A1/AR-15SP-1 variants with fixed stocks and full length triangular handguards"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Another option may be to go with the FSB side sling adapter that is offered by GG&G. Then get a three-point suitable to mounting it set up that way. Personally, I'm with bobafett126 that you should have enough leeway  with the existing strap/attachment point that it would work the same for the triangular handguards (not a custom cutdown  job is it?) as if mounted on the current handguards.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The sling fits very fine with the triangular handguard, no cutting down necessary that we found.

If you're still on the fence, just email spectergear, I've found their customer service to be very good.  Best wishes.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top